Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 OAK MOUNTAIN STATE PARK HUNT >

OAK MOUNTAIN STATE PARK HUNT

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

OAK MOUNTAIN STATE PARK HUNT

Old 11-02-2006, 07:26 AM

Default OAK MOUNTAIN STATE PARK HUNT

what do yall think about this hunt i know it is for herd reduction but would you go if you could why or why not ????
Old 11-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OAK MOUNTAIN STATE PARK HUNT

I went on one of these hunts in michiganfor herdreduction and gave all the meat to the huntersfor the poor it went well and help the poor people get food for the winter
Old 11-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Spike

I think you are referring to Oak Mnt State Park just south of Birmingham, AL. If so, that would be a great hunt. It has only been taking place a couple of years. Call some local hunting stores there and ask some questions. Mark's Outdoors in Vestavia on Hwy 31 could give you some info.

That place is crawling with deer. I don't know about size of the bucks, but opportunity is waiting.

I lived in B'ham for 2 years and always wanted to hunt there, but no hunt was taking place. I went to church at Oak Mnt Pres and it's right across the street from the park. I searched long and hard for someone to let me bow hunt their back yard that faces the park and couldn't find any takers. I guess the locals finally got tired of all the deer getting hit on the roads around there.

This is a perfect example of herd management that waited too long to start. Good luck.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:34 PM

thanks for the info yes that IS the place i was luky enough to be drawn for hunt IF i can pass the Proficeincy test in front of people