Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Anyone Hunt Allaire State Park? >

Anyone Hunt Allaire State Park?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone Hunt Allaire State Park?

Old 02-12-2004, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone Hunt Allaire State Park?

Well after completing my first full season in NJ, I am a bit depressed.

Didn't get any deer (bow or shotgun), did see a few though, but only 2 of them were bucks (spikes). All of my hunting was done on Public lands, and I jumped around quite a bit which may have been the problem also.

I keep hearing and seeing guys talking about Allaire State Park. Is it worth the time and effort to hunt there? Is it any good? Where can I get maps? Where is a good starting point?

I am thinking of going down there on Monday to scout for next season..but don't know where to go.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Catskillhuntr (Mike)
Old 02-13-2004, 12:40 PM

Default RE: Anyone Hunt Allaire State Park?

Funny thing; you posted this a few weeks back and now you say you have never been there:[:@]

I was out yesterday doing some winter bowhunting at Allaire State Park here in NJ. After about 2 hours on stand a few does started to mill around and come out of some thickets I was hunting near, when all of a sudden I hear this racket. I turn to look and here comes this monster buck weaving his way through the brush. He headed straight for the does, and was scent checking them all. Guess a few of the ladies might have been in estrous. Never got a chance at a shot as park rangers on horse back came riding through about 15 minutes later and spooked them off....

He must have been about 20-24" wide and tall tines too. G2's must have been 10" long...

after that i near fainted!
Old 02-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone Hunt Allaire State Park?

I know what I posted. I was just kidding, I wanted to see some of the guys responses......LOL