Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 FLORIDA HUNTERS! >

FLORIDA HUNTERS!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

FLORIDA HUNTERS!

Old 08-13-2006, 12:15 AM

Default FLORIDA HUNTERS!

I see a few guys from FL here and there on this forum... but then again im fairly new. Who here hunts in FL? If so, where abouts do you usually hunt? Just trying to meet some other people in the FL hunting community..

My name is Adam, Im 21 yrs old and live in Tallahassee FL and im a 4th year FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLE. Im originally from Melbourne Fl- born and raised in FL and live for the outdoors. Im young, but have hunted in my fair share of places in the state. I hunt almost exclusively public land, but i am fortunate enough to get an invite here and there on private. Im also Vice Chairman of Students for the Second Amendment at Florida State Univeristy. Anyway, just bored and wanted to get an idea of other people who hunt in FL!
Old 08-13-2006, 01:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: FLORIDA HUNTERS!

ORIGINAL: everything was taken

I see a few guys from FL here and there on this forum... but then again im fairly new. Who here hunts in FL? If so, where abouts do you usually hunt? Just trying to meet some other people in the FL hunting community..

My name is Adam, Im 21 yrs old and live in Tallahassee FL and im a 4th year FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLE. Im originally from Melbourne Fl- born and raised in FL and live for the outdoors. Im young, but have hunted in my fair share of places in the state. I hunt almost exclusively public land, but i am fortunate enough to get an invite here and there on private. Im also Vice Chairman of Students for the Second Amendment at Florida State University. Anyway, just bored and wanted to get an idea of other people who hunt in FL!
Welcome to the forum Adam!

Well, myfavorite WMA is 23 miles SW of Tallahassee, Aucilla! Over the years they have changed many things down there. When I started going to Aucilla back in the 80's, Aucilla consisted of 3 counties, Wakulla, Jefferson and Taylor. Jefferson being the best which is in the middle of the WMA and the only county in FL that extends from the Georgia line to the gulf. I use to camp at the FL Forestry camp ground on HWY 98 and the ST. Marks River and down the road from ST.Marks Wild Life Sanctuary.It was $4.00 per day. It had Men and Women rest rooms with Hot and Cold showers and kept serviced by the state daily. It also had a dumping station for travel trailer waste tanks. The Wakulla jail inmates on work release, would bring each numbered spot on the camp grounds, a load of fire wood every day. The FL Forestry Office was across the road from the camp grounds.

Well, in 1997 Wakulla County took it over and the daily rate went to $8.00 per day and the rest rooms were not serviced daily, hot water heaters for the showerswould go down and the county would fix them when they had time. The camp grounds were not policed like they were like the Fl Forestry use to do.

I think it was in 2001 or 2002 the state split it up and half of Aucilla is now Flat Rock Wma and it cost $200 plus your license to hunt it. The rest of it is still your license and $25 WMA permit. The last timeI went was in 1999.

OH man, I can tell you some deer stories about that area!

Edit:I forgot to mention that I have also hunted Ducks, Turkeys and Deer at Lake Talquin west of Tallahassee.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

he's the man to listen too........i only have one question? why the noles, i know you must be smoking crack, lmao.....just kidding , had to throw some Gatorsmack your way....i hope you have lots of stories to contribute about your hunting adventures.......remember we like pics too
Old 08-13-2006, 12:08 PM

I'm down in Ft Lauderdale. This my first year hunting florida. BUt from scoutingit looks good so far. Seen a few hogs and lots of deer sign. This is near jupiter, Hungryland wea. Some big hogs.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:27 PM

huntnma-way to throw that Gator smack!! Just ask him what was the score of the game last year??

IF YOUR NOT A GATOR THEN YOUR GATORBAIT!!
Old 08-14-2006, 07:21 PM

I've hunted here for nigh onto 60 years, most of the time on private land but have hunted The old Farmington tract which is now private..I hunt deer,quail,dove,squirrel,ducks and snipe..I also hunt in Georgia..
Old 08-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: motor

I've hunted here for nigh onto 60 years, most of the time on private land but have hunted The old Farmington tract which is now private..I hunt deer,quail,dove,squirrel,ducks and snipe..I also hunt in Georgia..
Bro. Motor, I am in the process of buying a Trail Cam to put in my yard. When I do I'll post the pictures of the Deer in myyard by my bedroom window where they constantly come to feed every night. We have to be very careful at night driving on the driveway. My drive way is 1200ft from the countyline.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Damien83

huntnma-way to throw that Gator smack!! Just ask him what was the score of the game last year??

IF YOUR NOT A GATOR THEN YOUR GATORBAIT!!
Correct score from last year Bama31 - Fl 3 ROLL TIDE
Old 08-17-2006, 01:52 PM

timbercruiser - that was uncalled for!! It was good but uncalled for. It's ok you guys are coming to the Swamp this year. All I can say is good luck!!

And as for the correct score from the UF-FSU game last year was 34-7!!

Old 08-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

everything was taken,

I am an avid deer hunter and though was reared in Ga, I now hunt North FL 75% of the time.

How about you? Any respect? I demanded it the other day.....grilled back strap in the rain and payed no attention. So respect was garnered.

Quick Reply: FLORIDA HUNTERS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.