Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 FLORIDA HUNTERS! >

FLORIDA HUNTERS!

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

FLORIDA HUNTERS!

Old 08-18-2006, 09:06 AM

Default RE: FLORIDA HUNTERS!

I live around Gainesville in a the small town of Trenton, mostly hunt private land.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: gators1422

I live around Gainesville in a the small town of Trenton, mostly hunt private land.
Do you know the Watson's or the Slaughter's?I have bought many gun's in New Berry!
Old 08-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Spike

I live in Pinellas county, but hunt Lower Suwannee, Tide Swamp, and Green Swamp. I'm also in a lease near Chiefland this year and usually make it up to Georgia once a year.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:38 AM

I actually live in Newberry Rebel Hog. Yeah I know some Watsons, where are you from.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Dominant Buck

I actually live in Newberry Rebel Hog. Yeah I know some Watsons, where are you from.
I'm in Lutz, FL...My best friend was married to Linda Watson.Her brothers are Stanley and Phillip. Mr Watson has 500 acres in Trenton. Stanley had a mechanic shop on the main drag in Trenton (Hwy 27).

I have been to Picketts Gun Shop in NewBerry many times and have bought many guns and ammo there.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

he ya'll that live in gainesville and newberry, have ya'll been to Newberry Backyard Barbque???
Old 08-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Hunter06FlKy

he ya'll that live in gainesville and newberry, have ya'll been to Newberry Backyard Barbque???
Nope! But been to Mikes in Trenton many times!
Old 08-20-2006, 09:05 PM

Yeah I have ate there a bunch of times. It is pretty good. Rebel Hog I have hunted in Tide Swamp a few times, I run dogs down in Jena across the river from Tide Swamp.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Yeah I have ate there a bunch of times. It is pretty good. Rebel Hog I have hunted in Tide Swamp a few times, I run dogs down in Jena across the river from Tide Swamp.
Have been to the HitchingPost while hunting at Stienhatcheejust a mile or so east of Jena Beach! Have also hunted Buckeye Paper Co. across the road from Stienhatchee, but you have to buy a special license in Perry which was $110.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:40 AM

As far as FL vs. FSU Im a man and can say good job last year....but this year is a whole new ball game.

I have hunted the St johns river marsh back home near melbourne, as well as three lakes WMA. Since i moved to Tallahassee in 03 for school I hunt the Apalachicola national forest, Joe Budd WMA, ohclockonee WMA and the St marks national wildlife refuge. There are some good woods within in hour drive of this area. I have gotten a few private property invites before, in pasco and polk counties. My roomate owns 90 acres in candler county GA just outside of metter but it seems every year i go everyone gets a deer but me.
Here is a pic of a hog I got in the wakulla unit of st marks national wildlife refuge last year :

Each yr i drop some $$$$ on apps to try and get into Green Swamp West, but this year is my first year in 3 not getting picked. Its my favorite place to hunt in the state. Here is a great buck my dad killed off of it last year, it netted 119"

This is my second year pulling tags for gator hunting, and thats where I have been for the past week. Me and my hunting party pulled 4 tags (8 gators) for Lake Marion in Osceola County. We were fortunate enough to fill all 8 tags - the biggest was an 11 footer that was FAT just shy of 500 pounds.

We do it as a kick off to the hunting season, and the first step to a florida grand slam. Last year was my first year getting the slam in one season...hopefully this year will be the same! Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: FLORIDA HUNTERS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.