Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

what time do you call coyotes?

Old 03-29-2005, 07:05 PM

Default what time do you call coyotes?

I've only called early mornings, evenings and after dark. I was wondering if anyone has tried calling during mid-day. I've seen it on videos but never heard of anyone doing it. thanks
Old 03-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Banned

Default RE: what time do you call coyotes?

When you start feeling like a mid day nap, the varmints are feeling the same way. They can be called in but not as often as at other hours. However a cool, cloudy or foggy day may produce action all day long.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:38 AM

I've called at all hours and it's always better when the animals are out and about. I have had success at noon but not as much as at other times. If one is going to be out all day why not try. Hawks are out all day and snag rabbits at any time so a coyote can hear a scream at any time. I had better luck in heavier cover at noon. That's where a hawk would find a rabbit so it made sense to me. The best day is when the barometer is dropping and a storm is moving in. Every animal is trying to get something in it's stomach before the storm. Like I said, if you are going to be out why not try?

Dr Fatguy
Old 03-30-2005, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: yotecaller

I've only called early mornings, evenings and after dark. I was wondering if anyone has tried calling during mid-day. I've seen it on videos but never heard of anyone doing it. thanks
Sometimes, coyotes are more active during mid-day than at any other time. This January, I saw more coyotes from 11 to 2 than at any other time of the day.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:34 AM

You can call coyotes at any time during the day. Ive called them in at around 2:00 pm but I have more success during the morning hours and I like staying out of the sun. But during the mid-day ive called in more fox than coyotes.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I call the mornings, they seem to be much more productive than any other part of the day.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I only have time in the early mornings and late nights, but have yet to bag one with the effort i have put in!