Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyote Hunting In The Bush?

Old 01-18-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Coyote Hunting In The Bush?

Hi guys I was wondering if any of you ever coyote hunt in the bush and was wondering what your setups are like? Thanks, Spence.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:31 PM

Default RE: Coyote Hunting In The Bush?

When the coyote hunting gets up close and personal in the brush, I will carry the shotgun.

The coyote will make his way downwind of you if at all possible so you need to set up smartly. If you can set up where the coyote will need to advance towards your position from the upwind side, but have a barrier to the downwind side, then the coyote will have to come in to you without full benefit of the wind to their favor. This barrier can be as simple as setting up on the edge of the woods where the coyote will have to go out into an open field to gain the wind advantage. Other things such as creeks, rivers, bluffs and roadways will also serve the purpose. The most important part of coyote hunting is in the setup, and the hunter can use their knowledge of the animal and their own intellect to place the predator in an un favorable position by playing on the predators natural instincts.

Greg