Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

yote ?

Old 01-05-2005, 05:50 PM

Default yote ?

Would double calling work? I have two fawn distress calls and 2 squirrel distress calls what one should I use. I was thinking about me and my cousin calling from about 20 yards away would this work??
Old 01-05-2005, 08:08 PM

Default RE: yote ?

Yeah this will work..you can even stay at the same place, though i'd have one person watching the back door and one at the front. coordinate the calling, it works good in some instances. i know with the Double Whammy call from Primos, it's supposed to eliminate all the partner coordination when trying to serenade a howl.

slayer
Old 01-09-2005, 09:01 AM

Default RE: yote ?

You will be better served by assigning one person the job of shooter and the other the job of caller and backup. You will also do well by staying within whisper distance of one another so that you can converse locations of approaching game. If you hunt the open field terrain then point your gun downrange to begin with and you will avoid needing anyone to watch your backside. Setting up in places with the wind in your face tends to do a lot of educating of coyotes, IMO. I primarily hunt open fields and will always set up with the wind blowing straight in front of me when hunting this terrain. This flies in the face of what most people will tell you, but like they say different strokes for different folks, and I take far more than my share hunting my methods.

Greg