Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

squirrel hunting, in the winter???

Old 12-25-2004, 05:02 PM

Default squirrel hunting, in the winter???

i went out today to pull some treestands i havent got to after ML season here in NY. i dident see one squirrel. during the hunting season i seen a million squirrels. are they hybernating now? will they be out at all? and what other small game is good to hunt this time of year?
Old 12-25-2004, 09:40 PM

Default RE: squirrel hunting, in the winter???

Well I’ve one that is big into the bow hunting, and the only time that I get out for squirrel is in the winter months. The best way I’ve found to find them is to either be sitting in one place for most of the day, of move spots every hour or so. I guess a lot of it has to do with the temp, more then snow where I’m at in WI. The other things that are fun to hunt in the winter are grouse, and bunnies. Crows are fun to pick of too if ya happen to walk up on one while plink'n. Good Luck

-Hoyt