Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

How to coyote hunt at night??

Old 12-11-2004, 09:41 PM

Default How to coyote hunt at night??

I have never gone coyote hunting, when is the best time to hunt them. And how do you hunt them at night? How do you hunt them in the day? And what time in the day?
Old 12-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How to coyote hunt at night??

Night or day I use a electronic caller with the speaker setting down wind of me .
I set up in some light cover nere where I think the yote will come from.
After I set up I wait 15 min for every thing to settle down and start calling , if after 2 or 3 10-15 min sesions with a 5 min break nothing comes I move 1/2 mile or more.
I use a rabit in destress or coon ver yote ect tape ( eastern yotes) , a mouth call works also.
At night I use a red lensed light on my 223 rifle or on a 12 gau using #2 hevi shot
For day hunting I hunt the last 2 hrs before dark mostly and then the first 3 hrs after dark. I have gotten some all through the day but I have the best luck later
In late Jan - early mar I also use a chalange call to lure in pairs defending their turf.