Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

A few squirrels from Maryland

Old 10-03-2004, 09:55 AM

Default A few squirrels from Maryland

My son and I hunted some public land along the Patuxent River yesterday, and while it's still a little warm and humid it was a decent day out. Usually, for us it's tough to find much game on the local public lands, we see the squirrels roaming around the Safety Zones and the doves resting right outside of the public area, but not much within the hunting areas. Yesterday was different, we got these two squirrels within the first ten minutes in the woods.

Then we had easy shots at three more in the next half hour, but didn't take them. Figuring, no sense in depleting the game in one day, we left them for another time or someone else.

We traded the guns for rods while passing time waiting for it to hit noon, to hunt dove. The Bass were cooperative and we managed about six medium Largemouths on Bubblegum Yums.

Noon arrived and we bagged the rods and headed for the dove fields. I walked the forested edges trying to flush any roosting doves, while "jr" walked the fields nearby. Only managed to push one within range of my son, and somehow it managed to slip by. :^)

A great day on public land, hope that others did as well.

Bob
Old 10-05-2004, 01:34 PM

Default RE: A few squirrels from Maryland

Nice pics!
Old 10-06-2004, 05:55 PM

Default RE: A few squirrels from Maryland

DearSlayer357,

Thanks for taking the time to weigh in, it's appreciated.

Bob