Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

coyote hunters....

Old 05-26-2004, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default coyote hunters....

i was watching a show on tv last night and the guys on it were hunting coyotes and i go to wondering, what do you do with the coyotes? you dont eat them do you? it seems like some what of a waste to just throw it away after you kill it so im curious what do you do with them?
Old 05-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: coyote hunters....

If the pelts aren't too messed up from the bullet round, we usually skin ours out and keep the hides. If you know how to fix em up right, you can sell them and get a few bucks.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:00 AM

If the pelt isn't badly damaged you can get a decent price out of it. Other than that it's all population control.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:47 PM

Default Being a Taxidermist

I use most of my pelts for mounts, rugs, ect. The rest are sold to other taxidermist, or fur buyers.

Coyote Caller
Old 05-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Being a Taxidermist

ive never actually tried to hunt a coyote but the show i watched made it look interesting and we have plenty of coyotes here so ill probably try it but i think selling fur here is illegal unless you have a trapping lisence which i dont and i have no need for it but i might just use the skin for something of my own. anyone get the cabelas home catalog? they have a coyote skin comforter in there for $10,000 and thats not a typo
Old 05-26-2004, 06:21 PM

No thanks on the comforter 10 G's is a lot to pay to cuddle up to a dog.......heck if you guys want to save money I can find you dogs to cuddle with for say.............250.00. Heck for an even 500 you could have a 2 dog night![8D]
Old 05-26-2004, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

unfortunatly it appears i threw the catalog away but it was a cabelas and it was just stuff for in your house and they had a coyote and a fox comforter i think they were both from canada and i though they were really nice and got to reading and then saw the price tag $9,999.99 i couldent believe they would even list something like that in there catalog i personally dont know anyone who could afford that or if they could that would wanna spend that thats a good used truck or boat right there or even an older used truck and a boat thats more then i paid for my last 3 trucks combined
Old 05-26-2004, 11:01 PM

well here on the farm we kill them as varmits, but we really only do it because we dont like them because the eat baby rabbits and stuff.... its really fun too When u shoot them for that reason you have to leave them there but we usually just throw them into the hog compost we have on our farm...i think its a waste but i dont know how to skin them or anything[&o]
Old 05-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kill em all, i hate em here in ohio, they eat the turkey eggs outta the nest every year, i think im going to hunt them this year. What year do u hunt coyotes?
Old 05-31-2004, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

Coyotes are shot on sight here in Mod 70 land. We don't hunt them we just see a lot of them feeding cows. We carry a rifle in every pickup just for shooting songdogs. The only good coyote is a dead coyote.

Quick Reply: coyote hunters....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.