Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

coyote hunters....

Old 05-31-2004, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: coyote hunters....

we have alot of them here but i dont know of a single person here who actually goes out hunting for them most people just shoot them if they see them and i see alot walking down old logging roads out in the woods so i figured i might give it a shot here sometime
Old 06-01-2004, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I stuck a deer last year and gave her an hour to die. When I started tracking her the blood trail was decent for about 50yds, then got really wide and tons of blood and hair. I knew something wasn't right. Dang yote's drug her off and partially ate her within one hour of me sticking her with my arrow.
Since then it's open season on them. Here in NC you can kill all you want year round!
Old 06-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I stuck a deer last year and gave her an hour to die. When I started tracking her the blood trail was decent for about 50yds, then got really wide and tons of blood and hair. I knew something wasn't right. Dang yote's drug her off and partially ate her within one hour of me sticking her with my arrow.
Since then it's open season on them. Here in NC you can kill all you want year round!
That's a bum deal right there.

As far as i know, you can shoot yotes all year around here. I dont see that many much anymore. Course being in the city doesn't help much, i can't stand city life [:'(]
Old 06-01-2004, 03:49 PM

Here is a GOOD coyote. The young female coyote responded to a diaphragm call done very softly. On the average, one coyote will be responsable for about 20 deer killed per year. Decrease the coyotes and increase the deer herd.

Good Hunting... from Varmint Al
Old 06-01-2004, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know guys, some of you talk like the coyote is about to wipe out every other living creature on earth. Some of you say
Kill em all,
and
they eat the turkey eggs outta the nest every year
and stuff like
The only good coyote is a dead coyote.
and last but not least
On the average, one coyote will be responsable for about 20 deer killed per year
Well last time I checked, in most of, if not in all of, the country turkey poplulations and deer populations are exploding, but yet, you want to hate and kill every coyote you see to stop them from eating a few of your game animals!! I seriously doubt that the average coyote in CO eats 20 deer annually, for one thing we have mostly mule deer and they are aggressive toward coyotes, not that a coyote won't eat a new born or even an occasional full grown deer, but to throw out a statement like this is awfully broad. It may be true back east where the deer numbers are out of hand, so what, sounds to me like hunters alone can't keep up with the deer herds!! And we all know the turkey numbers are at record levels, but yet we think a coyote ate some eggs and that is reason enough to "kill them all" Now it does suck to have an animal ate by coyotes that you have shot but not recovered, but again, does that mean that there are too many coyotes??
The coyote has been hunted, trapped, poisoned, airrial gunned, run over, chased by dogs and shot at by many for years, but yet they flourish!! All I can say is "Thank God", because they are the one critter that I love to hunt most, and they have proven to be too tough to hunt for many. It's sad to hear guys that don't at least sell the hides. Heck, concidering this last winter, you could sell a coyote, hide still on the carcuss for $20 -$25 and put up the furs and get in the $50 range, it is sad to hear that many don't concider them worth the time. The only guys I can understand having a real issue with coyotes are the farmers/ranchers that loose farm animals to them on a regular basis. After all, it does affect the income of those familys. But the rest of us, need to open our eyes and see them for the cunning predator that has simply learned how to survive!!
LONG LIVE THE COYOTE!!!
Old 06-02-2004, 05:23 PM

I got access to about 6000 acres of prime hunting area because of the coyotes killing the cows and calves when they were being born. I have saved the ranchers a lot of money by helping to protect their livestock. I suggest most people to learn coyote calling so they can also gain access. I also like to help protect the deer herd near my mountain cabin. Here is a pull quote from my web pages:

A VERY FINE LINE.... I am very careful to only "control" the ground squirrel population. I have to walk a very fine line. If I shoot too many, they might not survive and the field will be barren. If I leave too many in the field, the rancher might use poison and kill them all. A surviving population of ground squirrels is a good thing and besides, I don't want to work myself out of a job.
The same goes for coyotes.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:18 PM

Hunting coyotes is the only hunting i do and i do love hunting yotes.When i lived in n fla. i would give them to my uncle in alabama he trapped alot.Sometimes i would just let them lay.Now i live in nashville and hunt small farms and ranches.I dont know any trappers in the area yet so i live them for the land owners to do what they want with them.Some people save the hids some let them lay i think you should do as you want too no right or wrong way.

Rustyolranger i have killed probably 30 or so yotes over in calhoon co.over 200 in washington and jackson co.I was raised in campbellton fla on a farm.I started hunting yotes in that area in the mid to late 80's.I never ran into another soul there hunting yotes i had pretty much all the yote hunting land i could ever hunt in a life time.Drop me a pm might find out we know eachother or know some of the same people.

Varmint AL when i first got a computer a few years ago your site was the first place i found.I did not know any other yote hunters and learned what i know from trial and error(lots of error) Your site gave me some new ideas and let me know that i was not alone.As time goes by there are more and more people coming to yote hunting most are seasonal weekenders.So thanks for the site and the time you put into it.
I finally took your advise and made up the cards starting to pay off now as time goes by THANKS again.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

i live and hunt in calhoun county now its kinda neat meeting someone on here whos probably traveled to some of the same spots i have but ill probably be doing most of my hunting in washington county next season as long as ive been on here i still have yet to learn how to PM someone but my last names Simonson and my familys been around here forever and most of them hunt too and we seem to be fairly well known around here too
Old 06-09-2004, 01:38 PM

Mother's cries scare the coyote away as it tried to drag the 3-year-old from his porch.

This happened last week in Simi Valley. Here is the story: Click here: http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/U..._040609-1.html
Old 06-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ouch cute kid to bad it grabbed his face

Quick Reply: coyote hunters....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.