Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

idaho coyote and squirrel hunting

Old 12-28-2003, 10:23 PM

Default idaho coyote and squirrel hunting

I just started hunting this year and now I'm addicted. I want to try expanding my hunting for something that I can do during the winter. WHERE can a person hunt coyotes? IS there a place to do it consistently? HOW do you do it? IS there a place to do it? I'd really like any info that can be added. Thanks a lot in advance. I really do appreciate it.
-Jim Harmer from Boise/Meridian Idaho.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:38 PM

Default RE: idaho coyote and squirrel hunting

I have the same q about n.idaho. Critch i believe know quite a bit. he would be the one to tell you. read a couple of pages of threads, i have some questions like this through out.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:47 PM

tenors, unless the law has changed, we cannot hunt squirrels in Idaho. I'll have to check the regs..
Where abouts in Idaho do you live? Just give us a general area. Then we can work on directing you, hopefully.

critch
Old 12-30-2003, 02:02 AM

tenors, I just reread your post and now realize that you're in the Boise area. All you need to do is contact your local F&G office for some advice on where to go and who to contact. You have splendid coyote hunting all the way from the Oregon border to Mt. Home.
Find some sheep ranchers. They like us to kill the yotes this time of year because the lambs will be born pretty soon. Yotes love lambs.
Get your maps at the BLM or Forestry office and go get 'em.
You can get good tips from your local sports shops. Usually the ones in suburbs cater to more yote hunters. Find the stores that sell traps. They usually know about yotes. Ask your questions politely and you'll usually get better information.
Plan well and be safe. Good luck.
Let us know how you do.

critch