Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Yote Came In to a Crow Fight Tape

Old 01-04-2002, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Yote Came In to a Crow Fight Tape

I was crow huntin this morning. I had a crow fight tape in the caller, and sho nuff, around a bend in the road came a yote. It wasn't too big, and it looked pretty young. Was it just curious...are they dumb or what? I was wondering if anyone else has ever had a yote come in to a crow tape? Maybe it was hyped up on weed or something. It spotted me in the bushes or I woulda tried to get him. Plus...I kinda wasn't expecting a yote, I was lookin for crows.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:08 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-04-2002, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Yote Came In to a Crow Fight Tape

the young coyote is far from dumb but every thing is a learning experience for them.he may have never heard crows fighting like that before and was curious.he also no dought figured he could grab dinner when the loser of that fight hit the ground.coyotes(young and old)will responed to any fighting tape,weather it be foxes fighting,crows,cats or just about anything except maybe coons.they generaly don't feed on coons.but if its winter and there hungry enough even coon squalles may bring them in.crows can somtimes be a dead giveaway to an approaching predator.they will fly over the predator following him where ever he goes.not realy sure why,it might be they figure they can pick what ever is left when the predator makes a kill.maybe its to warn every critter in the woods of pending danger.who knows who cares,what ever it is its worked for me several times.
Old 01-04-2002, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

I love it. The crows and yotes both try to steal from the other. That is a hoot.
Old 01-05-2002, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have a crow fight tape, but I've tried to recreate one with a mouth call. BUT, I have a couple friends that ONLY use crow fight tapes for yotes and bobcats and they take as many every year with that as I do with a squealing rabbit call.

GOTTA LOVE THAT MARLIN MAGIC!!!!