Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

squirrel tails

Old 10-05-2003, 11:47 PM

Default squirrel tails

I have a few squirrel tails and was wondering if anybody has any ideas how I can use them for things
Old 10-06-2003, 04:21 AM

Default RE: squirrel tails

You could use them for dry flies. You could hold on to them until you get more and sell them to mepps. I think they pay about .50 cent each for them.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I am right, the makers of Mepps spinners will buy squirrel tails. Check out the back of a Mepps package for the address, or you can probably find them on the web. The price is not high, but if you have a lot of them it could add up. If you only have a couple, the best thing to do is tie them to the antenna on l your car.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:01 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Last I saw, Mepps only buys them if you have 100 minimum
Old 10-08-2003, 07:28 PM

I believe BHW is right.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:49 PM
Spike

they buy them or you can trade them for lures last i knew...and yes they have a website, mepps.com i think
Old 10-11-2003, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have a shelf.....kinda like a trophy shelf....i have my first grouse tail on there...some turkey feathers i found...a picture frame with me and my first 2 deer which im swithcing out soon because its been like that for 4 years...and all kinds of random stuff on the shelf..and on the front ledge hangs squirrel tails...i am tacking them all on there from now on....and im going to make a nice big oak shelf in shop instead of the one i got now....i will need more room....im going to try to get deer tails on there too if i remember....i get to excited when i get a deer and just show it off and let it hang then take it to be processed and i forget every year....thats what i do with my tails....for now.....until i try to bring a girl into my room lol...one already made me hide all the animal parts like feet ect.....featheres and antlers were fine though...i dont know about tails.......lol