Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Need some help, New to coyote hunting >

Need some help, New to coyote hunting

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Need some help, New to coyote hunting

Old 04-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Need some help, New to coyote hunting

hey guys, got a big pack on our new 40 now of yotes. I know a little bit from what i've read about yote hunting but i dont know a whole lot. I guess all i know is to use like a rabbit distress call, possible decoy. I've got both of those, good camo, and scent eliminators/covers. the 40 is almost completely wooded, however it was clear cut couple years ago, so lots of openings to possibly hunt. there's a small creek runnin through it as well. it is at the end of a dirt road so i have the possiblity of hunting off the road as well. any tips on how to set up, how to call? when to call? how long do i wait? and any tips on locating coyotes to know if their in the area that night ? would really appreciate it, wanna get them sob's off the land
Old 04-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need some help, New to coyote hunting

by the way, might help i live in central wisconsin thanx
Old 04-20-2009, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need some help, New to coyote hunting

Watch your approach, start on the downwind side, call soft at first.... forty acres isnt a whole lot of ground. You might be able to pull off two good stands. Use the openings that you speak of... Might be a good spot to pack both a shotgun and a rifle....Better do it before it gets to green, once the leaves light up... You will never see them. The only time I have ever had any success in the summer is when they cut the winter wheat feilds......

Mike
Pure Predator Championship Calls
www.purepredator.com