Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Yellowstone wolf tracked to Colorado

Old 01-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Typical Buck

We can send you guys more Alberta wolves if you're runnin short................Harold
Old 01-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

They leave us no choice, if they are just going to turn their back on the problem !
Old 01-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

saw an interesting wolf program on tv last night....not sure if it was discovery, or animal plaent....a couple walking their dog was almost attacked....but they walked up on some wolves with pups....sounds like the wolves didn't like their dog...

but they were basically hunting wolves won't control their numbers...

didn't the hunts in ID, MT, go pretty well this year? I checked the numbers, seems like most of the #'s they wanted taken were taken...?

btw this woman/couple that were almost attacked, were hiking around yellowstone/jackson wy area...without protection? i think they may have had pepper spray in their backpack...but there are grizzlies and wolves all over....do these hippies really just wander into the woods for a hike without any sort of protection?
Old 01-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

If thats what they want to do it is fine with me. Natural selection or whatever. I was elk hunting with my family near there and I wasn't carrying a gun since I didn't have a license. I stayed with someone who did most of time. The one time I didn't I couldn't stop thinking a grizzly or a wolf was going to eat me. I will never do that again.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

"The DOW stressed today that the wolf is listed as an endangered species and, as such, cannot be harassed, pursued, hunted, shot, captured, trapped or killed unless it poses a legitimate threat to human safety. The DOW said that hunters and the general public should exercise "additional caution" to ensure this particular wolf is not mistaken for a coyote."

THAT being said boys, I suggest you all mistake them as coyotes. This comes from someone who lives in a hunting unit on the border of Yellowstone and has seen our moose drop to nothing and is watching the remnants of our elk and deer herds evaporate. There are more than 3000 of the bastards and they say only 150 or so are in the Park now??? Big surprise. Kill them boys, or you will see tag reductions in your hunting seasons and worse.

Three years ago my dog was attacked on my front porch by one of those fiends. It took 2 weeks of calling FWP and finally requesting a Federal Game Warden for them to do anything - they put me on the phone with the head wolf hanyack and he got snippy with me for wanting it dead. Heck, the thing attacked my dog 10 minutes after my wife got in the house with my one year old daughter she had been strolling around the neighborhood. Yeah I wanted it dead!!!!!!!!!!

I found out from these FWP buffoons that it had stalked a couple of neighbors out for a walk, etc. and on and on. They killed it. Finally.

Wolves will destroy all of your game if allowed to proliferate. My 83 year old grandmother called me when they reintroduced them in 1995 and said it was a bad idea, as they destroy everything.... Geez, you think??????????

I could go on. I actually don't think they need to be totally eracicated, but I do think that if they leave Yellowstone they should be fair game by any means!!!

Wolves suck.

SSS

Old 01-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

Take a look at www.saveourelk.com and decide for yourself.

Some facts:

The timberwolf was the species of wolf inhabiting the greater Yellowstone area and much of the West prior to the introduction of the Arctic Grey Wolf (AGW)

The AGW is approximately 30% larger than the timberwolf.

The AGW has ,for all practical purposes, eradicated the timberwolf through interbreeding and attrition. Extinct by liberal causes.

The AGW can only be outrun by one North American land mammal - even as calves, and that is the caribou.

The Arctic Grey Wolf exists outside Yellowstone Park in numbers close to 10 times the agreed on figures established at reintroduction.

Many hunts in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming have been eliminated or curtailed severely because of the AGW.

What do you want to see when you come to Yellowstone National Park???
Elk, Moose, Deer, Antelope and Buffalo - or would you rather see empty prairie and forests. Because that is the endgame here.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

Cool thanks for the post. I was out of town and missed that. I hope one day to see three things in COlo. Wolf, grizz and bigfoot. It will make the place that much greater to live in.