Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Trapping beaver under the ice

Old 12-17-2008, 06:43 PM

Default Trapping beaver under the ice

I was wondering if anyone had ideas for trapping beaver under the ice. Such as different sets i could use for different situations. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Trapping beaver under the ice

I used to trap years ago and what we did was stand a log up right threw the ice. We would set a notch in the log with a piece of it running across it. Sort of like a short cross on it to set the trap on. The trap's chainwould be nailed to the log to keep it there. Every day or 2 we would chisel the whole open for beavers to use. You can also set a few aspen branches near the pole to help attrack them. The part of the pole here has to be marked with your name and adress on it. Good luck with your venture into this..