Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Fawn Decoys for Predators

Old 03-26-2003, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fawn Decoys for Predators

Has anyone ever used a fawn decoy to attract predators? I saw one on the internet while looking for coyote calls. The site that sells it also claims it is good for deer hunting.
Old 03-27-2003, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Fawn Decoys for Predators

although i have never used one,it would seem logical that a fawn decoy would work real well in the spring time when fawns are a part of a coyotes or other large predators diet.they would most likley work well through the summer months.as winter approches and the real fawns are much bigger they may not work as well.now the dead of winter when times are lean they just might work well again.now on the topic of moving decoys versus non moving decoys,moving decoys will attract(regardless of what it looks like)far more predators then non moving.i' ll bet you will find that a half dozen turkey feathers tide together,hanging from a tree limb blowing in the wind will ketch the keen eye of a coyote faster then a stationary fawn decoy.just somthing to think about.personaly i would go for the decoy heart before a fawn decoy. www.decoyheart.com or go to bhw,s web site http://lewand.tripod.com/barkmoon.html he has one very simalar at half the cost.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:23 PM
Spike

Default RE: Fawn Decoys for Predators

PAHunter,

Glad you brought up the subject. I was asking just the other day if Deer Decoys were legal for use to hunt Deer with. There were a few " guesses" but it seemed that no one I talked with new for sure. So, are the Deer Decoys legal in PA ??

thanks ... model99er