Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

yote hunting info needed please

Old 03-25-2003, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default yote hunting info needed please

i have never realy hunted them. i have shot a couple during deer season when we chase em out. but when is a good time to hunt them like morning afternoon evening. i am new to it so any info u feel is important for me to know please share. i apreciate info thnks
Old 03-26-2003, 11:43 AM

Default RE: yote hunting info needed please

Check out Predatormasters.com, everything you ever wanted to know about coyote hunting can be found there.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

thnks for the site. it is a good one.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:58 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

read all about coyote hunting here...

http://lewand.tripod.com/barkmoon.html
Old 04-01-2003, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

thnks bhw thats a good site also
Old 04-27-2003, 06:17 PM

Those are some good sites, im going to get into yote hunting as well
Old 05-08-2003, 10:30 AM

mrfishy34;
Your in a super state for coyote hunting, and gaining permission shouldn' t be a problem for you. Most of the ranches out there more then welcome yote hunters. Scouting the area is a really important part of your success. Also ask the ranchers where they have seen coyote all the time. If your hunting state land again do your scouting. Never slam your doors on your truck or car when gettin out. Stealth and sneaking into an area unnoticed is also very important.

What ever call your using don' t use high volume when calling. You' d would be surprized at how far a yote will hear your call. Also remember when using a hand call, that animal will know exactly your where you are. So keep your movements down to a minimum. Any unnatural movement will be picked up by the yote, and will high tail it into new territory before you know what happens.

Electronic calls with a good remote will give you the advantage of placing the call away from you, this will give you some advantage to hide better from the yote. But again DON' T move around. Always except the unexcepted. A coyote can show up where you least expect it to. That why it' s good to use the buddy system when hunting. Never hunt side by side. Always put another hunter behind you, and hunt back to back. That way one hunter has a 180 degrees of watching. I' ve had a lot of coyotes come up from behind me when hunting alone.

Always use the wind to your advantage, and always use good camo. Also a good decoy will come in handy. There' s quite a few of them on the market. So you have your choice. My personal favorite decoy is the decoy heart.

Practice your calling at home, in your truck going to work. All the time. You don' t have to be perfect at calling, but at least understand how the call works, and how the animal your imitating sounds. To help hide your scent, buy some good skunk scent and put it on some cotton balls and place them around your blind. Skunk scent is a natural smell to all animals and it won' t scare them away.

Hope this has helped you out some. Now go out and do do some coyote hunting. Good Luck!

Mike Rathnow....AKA Coyote Caller