Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Quick Yote Hunting advice needed

Old 02-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default Quick Yote Hunting advice needed

I am heading home in just under two weeks for spring break from college. I plan on doing a little coyote hunting this time, the first week in march. Arent they breeding during this time? What is my best bet at getting a poke at one, just set up and call on and off, then move....or should i still hunt and call? Any other advice, in detail, would be great.

Thanks everyone
Old 02-19-2007, 07:17 PM

Default RE: Quick Yote Hunting advice needed

Depending on the population of the coyotes around the area your going to be hunting should determin how long you stay in one spot. If it is heavily populated you might want to stay in one spot longer or not move at all. If its not really populated you will want to move around a little bit(quietly of course). I think around that time of year they might be at the end of mating season or allready out of it, Im not sure.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:45 PM

Use dog-dung. I cleaned up my yard one day and decided to use it as a cover scent. I kept the bag outside by the garbage cans for a couple days until I threw it in the bed of my truck (bagged up and in a box) and went hunting. I threw it out in the field behind the barn I sit up by, took a seat by the barnand waited. I can see fields everywhere I look and lots of ground to watch them come in. After about 15 mins. and no calls, I saw one coming in. About 6-7 mins went by before I took the shot and dropped HIM at 196 yds. He was headed right up to my German Shepards poop. I use it as much as I can stand to have it laying around my yard,outside my house, or in the field. If the wind is right I will use it and will swear by it.I hunt from the same spot everytime soI only use it if I have it and if the wind is right. The wind is key.....trust me.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:56 AM

I bet the scent of a strange dog drives then into GET OFF MY LAWN mode.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:27 AM
Fork Horn

That has to be the most whacked out piece of advice I've ever seen posted on the internet. I'm framing this one.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was thinking the same exact thing, but I kept my mouth shut. 'Til now. LOL

Dont bring dog **** to your stands people LOL.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

[:'(]I think i will leave the handling of the poop to the experts[:'(]
Old 02-20-2007, 05:18 PM

Man my first day here looking for some advice and I read that.........
Old 02-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wile E Coyote does not like doo doo[:'(]
Old 02-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

That has to be the most whacked out piece of advice I've ever seen posted on the internet. I'm framing this one.
jrb, you're just mad because that's your secret to stacks of fur!!
Get this, I recently read a piece in one of my Predator Xtreme magazine that said that a "trick" is to spread rabbit droppings around your stand sight as a "cover" scent!! The article even suggested that a guy/gal could go to your local pet store to purchase the rabbit droppings, incase you couldn't find enough of them laying around that you could just pick up!![8D]
I don't remember who the arthur of the article was, BUT I still chuckle when I think about it. Now a guy will need a baggy with dog poo in it and another baggy with rabbit poo in it, and mixed at the right percentage and spread just right around your stand sight, WELL, the coyotes just won't be able to resist and your kill percentage will be untouchable!

Quick Reply: Quick Yote Hunting advice needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.