Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

08-09 predator score sheet

Old 12-03-2008, 05:26 PM

Default RE: 08-09 predator score sheet

Great Job Pure!!!!!!!!! Glad you led me to this site. So when you coming to ND to put the hurt on some dogs.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

Daryl...

Hey great to see you bro...

that last contest that was up your way I was going to try and make, I wanted to see if you had a partner first...

PM, me with some #'s to call you at...

Mike

#40, Im scarred if you get some snow your gonna run away with this thing, Bro...

Old 12-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

Don't look now....Picture taken outside of the shop. That is probably all that we will get today. This weekend is supposed to be warmer.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, fact of the matter is that this one coyote simply ran into a bullet. I don't when, how, or why but my scope got knocked off some time or other it seems. First stand this morning, I bump one as I was walking in so I just turned around and went back to the truck. Headed to another spot and I see one a long the road, on the wrong side, but figure I can get set up close enough to call it in on the right side. SO, long story short, I get set up and start calling, and here comes a coyote from the other direction. I was able to get my sticks and rifle turned toward it and thought I would be steady enough to make the shot, but missed, only about 150 yards. Didn't see bullet impact do to the tall grass, but the coyote reacted as if I shot right over it. SO I blamed myself for the miss. Then next to last stand of the day, I call this coyote in and it gets my scent before I can get a standing shot and it apparently simply ran into a bullet, because on the very next stand, I have two coming, one comes way faster than the other, and I miss another standing shot, only about 100 yards this time, and this time I see bullet impact over its back. Don't know how, but seems my rifle is shooting way high all of a sudden. I'll put it on paper before any calling tomorrow. Should've killed three today, but just one was not so lucky.

This is a big old male that looks as if he had a broken hind leg at some point. Had a big 'ol knot that leads me to believe it was broke at one point.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got this morning and did three stands, called in a double on one and a single on another. Just got the two. Used no distress sounds at all. I've got a sound that I call "excited chase yips" that I use and have called several coyotes by using it alone. I've only witnessed coyotes chasing jacks twice that were "yipping" while hot after the rabbit, and it seems to work well to bring other coyotes to the scene. Try it some time, for something different.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's the other coyote from this morning.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

sorry team 3 once deer season is over ill get back out there hunting
Old 12-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

Third double of my life. I believe that they were in the dark broken up tree branches just behind them. They showed up faster than I could sit down and stick the caller in my mouth.

I went back to the same exact spot that I was at last weekend when I tried to shotgun a coyote. If this isn't the same one as before, I'll quit this competition.

This one would not come in at all. Hung at at the 400 yard mark and just wondered around. Finally got tired and let one fly. Hit the mark.

I don't know if any of you saw the post I made in the Trail Camera section. A friend and I put out a road kill deer a while back on his property. Had some good pictures of coyotes eating on it then finally hauling it off. I made some time to get out there and this big yote snuck in. I thought is was close to or as big as the last yote, so I weighed it while I was there. Came in at 30 lbs even. Had my friend take some pictures of his teeth so I could post a picture of them. As soon as I get those, I'll put them up.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope the mange runs its course soon down that way #40fan, andit doesn'tspread up this way. That is another sick puppy that you did a favor to. I need to come take long range shooting lessons from you. If I remember correctly, you dumped a couple of those long rangers last year too!! Nice shootin'!!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Spike

got this guy at 137 yrds with the 45/70 today while deer hunting

Quick Reply: 08-09 predator score sheet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.