HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 08-09 predator score sheet
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Howler
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 08-09 predator score sheet

Well, fact of the matter is that this one coyote simply ran into a bullet. I don't when, how, or why but my scope got knocked off some time or other it seems. First stand this morning, I bump one as I was walking in so I just turned around and went back to the truck. Headed to another spot and I see one a long the road, on the wrong side, but figure I can get set up close enough to call it in on the right side. SO, long story short, I get set up and start calling, and here comes a coyote from the other direction. I was able to get my sticks and rifle turned toward it and thought I would be steady enough to make the shot, but missed, only about 150 yards. Didn't see bullet impact do to the tall grass, but the coyote reacted as if I shot right over it. SO I blamed myself for the miss. Then next to last stand of the day, I call this coyote in and it gets my scent before I can get a standing shot and it apparently simply ran into a bullet, because on the very next stand, I have two coming, one comes way faster than the other, and I miss another standing shot, only about 100 yards this time, and this time I see bullet impact over its back. Don't know how, but seems my rifle is shooting way high all of a sudden. I'll put it on paper before any calling tomorrow. Should've killed three today, but just one was not so lucky.

This is a big old male that looks as if he had a broken hind leg at some point. Had a big 'ol knot that leads me to believe it was broke at one point.