Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Invasion of privacy to catch deadbeat dads >

Invasion of privacy to catch deadbeat dads

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Invasion of privacy to catch deadbeat dads

Old 03-20-2003, 08:25 AM

Default Invasion of privacy to catch deadbeat dads

below is the current status of this mis-use of our SSN. at this time no Hearing is scheduled in the Senate.

call your Senator and ask them to KILL this Bill! there are other means of identification that can be used, such as the driver' s license number

HOUSE BILL 115

EMERGENCY BILL
File Code: Family Law
Sponsored By:
Delegate Jones
Entitled:
Social Security Numbers - Mandatory Inclusion on Marriage and Recreational Fishing License Applications

History by Legislative Date
House Action
1/24
First Reading Judiciary
1/29
Hearing 2/12 at 1:00 p.m.
3/18
Favorable with Amendments Report by Judiciary
Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
Second Reading Passed with Amendments
3/19
Third Reading Passed (97-39)
Senate Action
No Action

Old 03-20-2003, 02:56 PM
Matriarch Doe!

Default RE: Invasion of privacy to catch deadbeat dads

First of all, I wish the term " dead-beat dads" would be done away with. There are now a heck of alot of women who also have chosen not to support their children. That being said...
As of the year 2000, there were over 18.9 million children in the US who were owed over 88 billion dollars from their non-custodial parents. The rate of success in collecting from those parents is only 44%.
In the state of Maryland, 352,591 children were owed 1.36 billion dollars.
This lack of parental support affects us all, through the taxes we end up paying for the support of many of them through welfare, food stamps, medical cards, etc.
While driver' s licenses are checked, many of the absent parents don' t have one, due to having lost it because of bad driving, having it suspended for non-payment of child-support, or by choice, such as those who live in cities large enough to make due with public transportation.
Social security numbers are already used to find these parents through tax returns, employment, loan applications, student loans, and licenses needed for some occupations.
I personally see no problem with extending the search through hunting and fishing licenses. We already supply that information when we purchase them.
Maybe you have thought of something I am overlooking. Let me know.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know, the first time that I was asked for my SSN for a hunting license I kindly told the lady that legally no one could ever ask me for that. She told me that Wisconsin would only allow me to buy a license if I put my SSN number on the application. Since I just drove 1000 miles to go deer hunting, I provided it. The next year while in Utah for fishing, they gave me the same speil.

It really bugs the crap out of me that they can ask me for this, it is illegal. But since everyone else uses it for keeping tabs on me, I guess whats the problem for one more agencey doing it too.

My feeling are also that if they can find deadbeat dads with this method (majority of hunting/fishing liciences are male) then they should also make all women who apply for a JC Pennies or Old Navy credit card supply them with this info too so we can get our money out of them
Old 03-29-2003, 11:46 PM

I have no idea what that ment.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:25 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

In South Dakota, your drivers license # is your SSN, so it is listed on your hunting license. It doesn' t bother me to have it on there.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:16 PM

Hell in basic training we had to yell out our SS# to get in the chow hall in front of hundreds of solders. I think if someone cant give their own kids money then they shouldnt be alowed to spend money on hunting. Man or Woman.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

wait.....where am I....?
Old 04-02-2003, 06:49 PM

It used to be true that your SS number was your DL number in SD. It is not true anymore. It has not been that way the last 3 years I believe. Now when you renew your DL they will assign you a different number.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

here in nd you can deside weather you want ssn on your dl or not. but i do beleive we put it on our hunting licences. i dono. whats the big deal. if you loose it, i dont think the deer are going to pick it up and do illigal stuff with it?
Old 04-02-2003, 08:38 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Mine was renewed in August of 2001 and my SS is still the drivers license number? Must be different in the eastern part of the state.

Quick Reply: Invasion of privacy to catch deadbeat dads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.