Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Invasion of privacy to catch deadbeat dads >

Invasion of privacy to catch deadbeat dads

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Invasion of privacy to catch deadbeat dads

Old 04-09-2003, 09:34 AM

Default RE: Invasion of privacy to catch deadbeat dads

This is how it is in Pennsylvania...Just took this from the Game Commission website.

Hunting Licenses and Social Security Numbers

Federal Law: Over the past few years, U.S. Congress has enacted a number of new laws to improve enforcement of child support obligations. As part of a broad " welfare reform" effort, the U.S. Government has required the states to implement new requirements to encourage payment of child support. States that fail to implement these requirements face possible loss of federal welfare funds.

The " welfare reform" legislation contains hundreds of provisions. Out of this massive new law, a handful of new federal requirements affect purchasers and holders of recreational licenses, including hunting and fishing licenses. One provision requires states to deny hunting and fishing licenses to certain persons in arrears on child support when a court issues an order revoking or denying such licenses. Another requires government agencies to obtain Social Security numbers from applicants for recreational licenses, including hunting licenses.

Pennsylvania Law: In 1997, the Pennsylvania General Assembly considered comprehensive legislation to implement the new federal requirements at the state level. Act 1997-58 was signed into law on December 16, 1997 and took effect January 1, 1998. This law addresses hundreds of issues; as with the federal law, a couple of provisions affect hunting license buyers.

Section 2 of the Act amends 23 Pa.C.S. §4304.1 to require the Social Security numbers of applicants for various licenses, including hunting licenses. Section 9 of the Act amends 23 Pa.C.S. §4355 to provide for the denial or suspension of hunting licenses of persons three or more months in arrears on child support. The hunting privileges of such persons are suspended or denied only when a court issues an order requiring such action.

Old 04-17-2003, 08:42 PM

I' ll tell you the problem with the term " dead beat dad" . I have 3 children by 3 differnet mothers. I see them on a regular basis and I support them through child support THE BEST I CAN, unfortunately that isn' t good enough for the state always and it' s hard to feel free when you live under the costant threat of going to jail for not having enough money ,regardless of how much you see and support them otherwise. I just took custody of my son from his deadbeat mother that is too busy complaining about how hard it is to raise 3 kids that shes popped out in the last 3 years to get off her back and get a job like me. I also have a 4 yr. old son that I have raised since he was born. I did not make him but I married his mother and figuered no child should be without a dad, especially a cool dad like me! Anyway..his father pays his " child support" every week but has never laid eyes on spoken a word too or in any other way tried to be a father to his kid and yet because he is fortunate to make his support payments he is in better standing than I am with the court! Anything wrong with this picture? And what about equality in the realm of support..simple..there isn' t any. The man is expected to pay while the woman is expected to sit around collecting welfare just so she' ll have the time to make some more kids. Oh and I almost forgot I offered to marry and support each one of my childrens mothers when I was with them but they decided they wanted other people,or didn' t want commitment etc..,etc.. what ever happened to " If you make your bed you better be willing to lie in it?" The whole child support system needs to be overhauled but as long as people stay stuck in their thinking like they are now, the children that are so badly misrepresented and the fathers that really are doing their best will continue to suffer!
Old 04-17-2003, 08:54 PM

Oh and by the way I work 3rd shift watch my kids all day do most of the housework and child rearing..but if I can' t pay enough money to the state I' ll be in jail and that is Justice? One thing that I must say though is that it is true that many Fathers and mothers are not doing their part but that is not the childs fault and Im more than willing to give up the very minute portion of my taxes that go to help these children for this cause. How about we kick every person that is physically able to work off of welfare and give all that money to overhaul the entire child welfare system maybe then things will balance out a little and maybe even teach a few lazy or " depressed" people the valu of a hard days work and the joy of seeing your children grow up safe clean and happy with a parent setting the right example!
Old 04-19-2003, 06:59 PM
Matriarch Doe!

I have 3 children by 3 differnet mothers.
[]Certainly hope you' ve figured out what' s causing that! Later in your posts you refer to women who have " popped out 3 kids in the last 3 years" and " sit around collecting welfare just so she' ll have the time to make some more kids" . But it' s important for men to remember that those women didn' t create those children all by themselves. That takes two people, and both need to share full responsibility for that.
Don' t get me wrong...I whole-heartedly agree with you that the correct term should not be " dead-beat dads" . It should be " dead-beat parents" . I have 6 kids. They are all mine and I would give my life for each and every one of them. However, three of them I did not give birth to. I was blessed to inherit them when I married my husband when they were 2, 4, and 5. When they were 6 months, 3yrs, and 4yrs old , their birth mother decided she didn' t want to be a mom. She left and only bothered to make contact with them when she felt like it, which was sometimes as long as 6 years! That is absolute Hell on a child. At this point she owes over $50,000 in back support. She has always thought the idea of a woman being ordered to pay child support was ridiculous. She is also part Indian and unfortunately the tribe has backed her all the way, overiding the state' s orders and saying that she only had to pay 1/2, or sometimes not pay at all. Also I was never able to legally adopt the kids, even though she was absent for years at a time with NO contact because the kids are 1/8 Indian and according to the Indian Child Welfare Act, we HAD to have her signature. I even offered to wipe out all back child support, but she still refused. The tribe didn' t consider it abandonment because she knew the kids were being well cared for. Give me a break! The kids are 17, 19, and 20 now. She will never know the joy she gave up.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:20 PM

what ever happend to the DEADBEAT MOMS i raised my kids and didn' t get a dime
Old 04-29-2003, 11:22 PM
Matriarch Doe!

I agree totally, selway. The title of this thread was chosen by the guy who first posted, but I have noticed that I am hearing the term " dead-beat parents" more and more often. As it should be.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

There should be no social security requirement unless someone is not paying child support. That would be putting everyone at risk for the few, percentage wise. But not paying to support your kids is about the worst thing anyone can do, and should be enforced diligently.

Having said that, it is unbelievable what the mandatory payment is to kids. I was out BSing with a buddy of mine about two years ago who is a lawyer, and he told me that if my wife and I divorced, it would cost me about $1,200 a month for my kid at that time. That does not include alimony, since she is not working, and that was before we had our other son. If you considered two kids and alimony, I wouldn' t be able to afford a cardboard box to live in and macaroni and cheese to eat. Since when does it take $1,200 a month to raise a child? I understand enabling them to live a decent lifestyle, but most of my money goes to mortgage on the house taxes and minivan payment, etc. And I don' t make $100 k a year!
Old 05-15-2003, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

I' ll agree that the system isnt exactly fair to men, but jeeze, bud... 3 kids by 3 different mothers? A condom costs 75 cents at a gas station. Thats a rip-off, but its one heck of a lot cheaper and less damaging than an un-planned kid. As for the so-called " invasion of privacy" to track down dead-beat dads, I cant say I disagree with it. All people...men included...must live up to their obligations regarding children. If a man had a kid (or 3) that arent getting clothed, fed, housed and educated in a decent manner, he has no business spending a dime on a hunting license or owning a gun, 4 wheeler, camo, grunt calls, hunting boots, skinning knife, long underwear, tent, sleeping bag, ice chest, binos, gps, and all the other expensive gear to support his hobby. I realize the mothers arent always perfect. That still doesnt excuse the dad from taking care of business. The kids deserve better than that. Just my opinion.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:04 AM

I feel they should take nessary action to find these dead beat MOMS & DADS and putting SS# on lisc. info??? Why not??? Were all just a number anyway??? BUT... what they do after they find these people is what counts!!! Take there DL away... big deal, they ride the bus. Take money from there pay...big deal... they just quit there jobs. Why not send em to Iraq for human shields!!!!!!!!!! Kids didn' t ask for this crap!!! [:@]