Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

JS Preymaster Digital??

Old 02-10-2003, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default JS Preymaster Digital??

I am going to buy an E caller and I dont want to spend 7 or 8 hundred dollars on a Fox Pro, WT, or Loudmouth calling system. I have heard from some hunters(on a different site) that I should start out with the JS Preymaster, because it is by far the best cheap calling system you can buy.
Has anyone here used this system, and what are your thoughts on it.
Thanks.

hc4runner
MO. bowhunter

Edited by - hc4runner on 02/10/2003 14:12:29
Old 02-10-2003, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: JS Preymaster Digital??

the fox pro is no where near 7 or 800 bucks but it is more expencive then the prey master.the fox pro minus remote can be had for around 230 bucks.as far as the prey master,i don't own one but after a little research on it,it dosn't look like a bad unit.one of the things that cought my eye is the fact that you don't have to return the unit the the factory for new sounds.although memory cards for the p.m. are around 18 bucks it does apear that you can install them your self,thats a big plus in my book.i don't believe prices for the loud mouths are availible yet but that unit looks good.much like the fox pro but you can update the sounds your self and it looks like they will have alot more sounds availible for the unit compared to fox pro.the only thing that turns me off about the p.m. caller is that big a$$ speaker.many years ago i had an old johnny stewart caller and that speaker drove me nuts.the metal makes noise every time it hits anything,brush,tree branch,zipper on the back pack and so on.this is why i lean towards any unit with out that big speaker.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:56 PM

Default RE: JS Preymaster Digital??

Hey hc4runner! I bought a JS Preymaster a while back, have only been out and messed with it a couple of times just to get out and see how it worked. It is a super slick little outfit with plenty of volume unless you are calling in a high wind. Really lightweight and compact and the sounds are awesome and clear. I like being able to change the sounds with the cards. I would highly recommend one. Mine came from Western Recreation Inc., cost $149.95 plus shipping. Well worth the money in my opinion.