Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

decoy dogs

Old 02-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default decoy dogs

I was reading an article today about decoy dogs, and a little on how to do it has anyone done it and how cool is it to pull a coyote in hard. not to mention saving your dogs life
Old 02-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: decoy dogs

I've never done it, but I do have a dvd that is all about doing it, with lots of action. It's most effective during the denning season, for obvious reasons. They don't use just your ordinary house dog, and they usually use a pair of dogs.
It's pretty amazing watching dogs work the coyotes, and eventually luring the coyotes back to the handler/shooter. I would like to see it done first hand, maybe some day.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:49 PM

My wife just got a new yorkie puppy that poops all over the house so I might be able to tell you if I can get it out of the house, and I might just let the coyote win!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Typical Buck

post pictures before your wife puts you in the hospital,you could look worse than the yorkie in the end.good luck
Old 02-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

I have seen alot of stories in the paper about people that have lost little ( one flusher dogs ) to coyotes so I guese it makes sence that a small dog that is pretty smart could come in real handy for hunting. a dog that listens good would be the key I bet. The article I reed was in " fish fur & game".It said that in the winter you want a small dog and in the denning season you want a big dog to intimidate a breeding pair with pups. the smaller dog seam to be more effective, becouse the dinner factor how you really get their attention.