Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Big Problem

Old 01-26-2003, 06:31 PM

Default Big Problem

Where I live we have recently aquired a pretty substantialpopulation of wild feral hogs. What my question is is what can I do to hunt these other than put out bait. Is there calls you can use or something of that nature because I would really like to shoot a hog. Thanks for any info.
Old 01-26-2003, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big Problem

i have last years cabela catalog around here somewhere, i belive i seen a audio tape recording for calling in hogs. U may check www.cabela.com and see if they have it listed there. i dont know much about hog hunting, ud get better replies on the big game hunting forumn.
Old 01-26-2003, 07:49 PM

The only way I've ever heard of hunting hogs other than still hunting, is with hounds. I know a few people that have done this and they say it is quite a rush, dogs barking and growling, hogs sqealing.Once the dogs get the hog at bay, then you go in after it. I don't know about any calls, but these days they seem to make a call for everything with fur or feathers. I guess soon there will even be some kind of fish call you can blow while your out on the lake.
Old 01-26-2003, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

Treat it just like deer. Find their food sources, which may be a lot of the same thing the deer are eatin', and set up over it. Learn their habits and wait for them to do what they do.

Brandan

Old 01-27-2003, 09:44 AM

I have heard of people hunting them with dogs....I have also heard that a lot of dogs wind up dead too. I would just put out the bait and wait in a tree stand. I have heard them dang things can be pretty mean and you should use caution when dealing with them. Good luck.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:15 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]