Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Raccoon 1 Me 0

Old 10-11-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Raccoon 1 Me 0

Dang Coon came into my garage last night and ate a bunch of cat food and dumped the water dish. I went in and caught the bandit red handed.

First I loaded up the shot gun, went out side and waited for it to come back out the pet door, no such luck. Decided I better wake the wife up before I take a shot at it anyway. Now I'm standing outside the garage doors and having my wife use the remote to open them.....still the coon stayed hunkered down in the corner, underneath one of the cars.

So I decided to not worry about ending this miserable coons life and just get it out of the garage. Jumped in the car and backed it out. This is when it gets pretty funny, ok funnier than me standing outside in my boxers when it's 30 degrees out with a shotgun in my hand.

The coon takes off running, by-passes both open garage doors and goes back out the pet door. I jump out of the car I was backing out.

It runs up the front steps of the house. It's cornered there too. My wife's jumping up and down yelling there it is. We have a split level house with an addition on the bottom floor that comes out the front. So it's at the front door standing straight up trying to jump the 4 feet to get on the roof of the addition. This thing has a Phil Mickelson vertical leap of about 2 inches.

Finally it jumps off the steps and runs the other way. Never got a clean shot off at it.

2 years ago I had a problem with a coon as well. That one got me after it 5 times and I won once....that's all it takes.

Think I better invest in a live trap soon.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Raccoon 1 Me 0

funny story man.what i would do is take some old meat, set it out, along with catfood in your yard where you have a clear shot sit on your porch or where ever, stay conceled and just wait. trust hell show up again. we had a HUGE coon messin with our trash till my dad cracked at it with his 10/22, it hasnt showed up again.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:39 PM

Default RE: Raccoon 1 Me 0

I sat there from outside and looked straight at it for about 5 minutes. I was just wishing I had my bow with me. I would of shot it while it was still in the garage if I had it.