Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Taster better than squirrel. I promise!! >

Taster better than squirrel. I promise!!

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Taster better than squirrel. I promise!!

Old 02-18-2007, 10:58 AM

Default RE: Taster better than squirrel. I promise!!

Groundhog is the best without a doubt to me. Didn't care much for coon. Rattle snake is good too. I tried gator last year and I am really wanting some more of that but there is none of those here in WV.

BP
Old 02-18-2007, 06:00 PM

I've heard muskrat meat is sweet is that true?
Old 02-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

Well, after reading alot of that I would say muskrat is a normal dish-lol
I dont think I could eat anything like coon, possum, or anything else that will eat anything.

matters- I guess you could say it is sweet, it does have its owntaste and a good one two, give it a try

Old 02-19-2007, 01:13 PM

So what exactly does muskrat and beaver tast like???

Old 02-20-2007, 01:00 PM

Savage they taste great ,just like a rabbit. You can tell their are some oldtimers on here.

[/align]
Old 03-06-2007, 05:51 PM

When I was trapping and single I used to eat "rats" a lot just because they are vegitarians ... they really are good eating... so is beaver and coon... never did the canine thing though.....
Old 03-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

i'll have to try that
Old 03-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Spike

i have snake, squirril and rabbit,,,,but i must say that the last rabbit i had was not that good, maybe cuz i puncture its intestines while i was cleaning and it ruin the meet but it had a smell to it that i did not care for.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:25 AM

Soooooo I can't believe how much trouble you went in the preparation of the rat dude!!!! If I were curious I might like...roast it over the fire with a stick or something...but you went all out and Emeriled the thing with potatoes and slow roast and everything!!!!! Seriously man, I'm pretty sure that I would have rather spent the 6 dollars on a roast and gotten some good tender beef through my troubles!!!!

~Cam

I'm thinking if I didn't have the six bucks though....and I was single and wasn't planning on feeding my wife or something....and I hadn't eaten in several days....and I didn't know what it was or didn't actually know what the animal was....I MIGHT have a meal of it.

I don't know...call me a *****, but even thinking of the potatoes stewing in the pot with a rodent all day makes me repulse even at the spudly's!!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 03:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

the inclusion of the "rat" term in it's name makes me gag a little
Same here, but, a friend of mine invited me up for some fried rabbit and little did I know that some was rabbit and some was muskrat. I didn't know about the muskrat until after I ate some and then they told me about it. Actually it was pretty good too.

Quick Reply: Taster better than squirrel. I promise!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.