Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 called in 2 but they wouldnt come out >

called in 2 but they wouldnt come out

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

called in 2 but they wouldnt come out

Old 12-20-2006, 11:57 AM

Default called in 2 but they wouldnt come out

Monday night I went out and called in 1 at around 10 pm. I did a series of mouse squeaks and started spotlighting the edge of the woods/field and we saw a brief set of eyes. Never saw it agian. The wind was in our face so we figured the spotlight scared it (normal spotlight, no red lense) So aobut 10 minutes later after seeing nothing we moved stands. Pretty much the same setup and the exact same thing happend. Saw eyes for a brief second and they dissapered. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for any advice

[/align]
Old 12-20-2006, 12:42 PM

Default RE: called in 2 but they wouldnt come out

were you guys making any excess movements or noise?
Old 12-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah you need a red light cover.. that or keep that light extremely dim...
Old 12-21-2006, 08:41 AM

i agree with fingerz42, you need a red light cover. Coyotes are sly and you cannot move much even if you dont think nothing is around, you never know whats around the corner and they know when something is up! Maybe you should wait until you here something walking, which means its going to be close but hey at least you know something is there then turn your light on.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

Whenever you are scanning with your light, don't use the full light, raise the beam in the air and scan with the bottom of the light cone (beam)..........also, make sure that your light is out in front of you....as close to the end of your gun barrel as safety allows. This will eliminate you being all lit up. Use to have the same problem until I figured this one out, Does not take much light to make those eyes shine I have used red and white light and both work fine, Prefer the red. Hope this helps, good luck!!!