Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

It just wouldnt die!!!!

Old 02-03-2005, 05:16 PM

Default It just wouldnt die!!!!

i was hunting yotes last weekend in ohio and i shot one with my 12g. an i went up to where i shot it and there was blood and hair every where so i started to track it for about 1 mile i had a really good blood trail then over the next few miles it slowed and it layed down 9 times and bled pretty good then after the last place it layed down a couple hundred more feet i couldnt find any more blood but i still followed the tracks till i lost the trail. what a shame i couldnt find it i hope i have better luck next time. it was 6 shot
Old 02-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: It just wouldnt die!!!!

One tough yote !!!
What load did you use ? range ?
Never had 1 go over 10'

Better luck next time .
Old 02-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yotes are pretty tough cookies. I've heard stories of a few that were hit in head but just refused to die. [:-]
Old 02-04-2005, 09:32 AM

Yeah, I believe it. One time me and my buddy were out yote calling. We called in a double and they came into about 250 yards. Me buddy took 6 shots before dropping one with is 243. He went out and picked him up and brought him back and layed him down. I was looking close and saw that the damn thing was blinking and breathing. So we shot him with the twelve guage and the yote jumped up and started growlin. It took three more shots to finally kill him. It was crazy, we got it all on video.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:36 PM

i would like to see that video!

i had a stray pit bull running around our farm years ago that killed a goat in the yard in the middle of the day.[:@] i shot it with a sks i had at the time. i emtied a 10rd mag at 10yds on him and it just ran away like i missed every shot.[&:] two days later it showed up agian with a limp so i shot it 2 more times with a 22lr i had handi and still it ran away![] the next day i found it dead on the road about 2 miles from my house. now that was one tough dog!
Old 02-05-2005, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

The first yote I shot was with a .270 at about 250 yards in WV. I hit it high right behind the shoulder, and it took off yipping and screaming. It slowed down at about 200yds and I shot again...hitting it in the stomach area. It then began tumbling and running down hill...still towards me. The third shot at about 100yds hit it square in the neck...it never moved again.

One tough puppy.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:45 PM

While out lamping once we shot a fox with a .243 at about 60yds. It ran on and we chased it and managed to hit it with the truck. We were 100% certain it was dead but when we reached the farm it was breathing again! A lump of wood finished the whole affair.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:38 PM

Ummm... last time I checked, running over your quarry with a vehicle was a felony.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:35 PM

Sorry ks_sniper, I live in england where it is perfectly legal, obviously we dont make a sport out of it but it is just a quick as chasing it, jumping out and giving it another shot with the rifle or shotgun.

Mike
Old 02-07-2005, 01:21 AM

lol Well, if it's legal, then good work.

Quick Reply: It just wouldnt die!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.