Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

17 HMR

Old 01-20-2006, 07:57 AM

Default 17 HMR

Does anyone use a 17 HMR for yotes? Please give me your opinions on that gun for yote hunting. Will be looking for agun and was told they are reasonably priced. I used my .270 on a coyote the other day and I'm sure you could imagine the hole it produced.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 17 HMR

they are good out to about 100 yard. but make sure u do a head shot!!
Old 01-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why buy a gun that limits you to "standing, head shots only with-in 100 yards"! That's all it's good for, and even that is a strecth! Get at least a .204 or .223!
Old 01-20-2006, 07:44 PM

Is it just me, or some of these posts becoming very old and repetitive. People seem to be lazy about their ways for not looking throughout the forum archives, even within the first page.......
Old 01-22-2006, 02:26 PM

Stalkeryeah maybe I am lazy and don't want to look in archives. Deal with it.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: skidmark845

Stalker yeah maybe I am lazy and don't want to look in archives. Deal with it.

Nah, why would I waste the time with you? If you can't hack it, look the other way.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

This is the type of vintage huntingnet discourse that keeps me coming back time after time[&o]
Old 01-22-2006, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

This is the type of vintage huntingnet discourse that keeps me coming back time after time[&o]
By your post count Lanse, I definately agree. Obviously, some people on here can't take certain posts, because they will cry about(skidmark). Not me, if I offer a post, or reply, and someone comes back with a harmless correction, arguement, or just a simple observation, awesome. I welcome that, that is what forums are about. The principle of question, interpretation, answer, straight forward opinions, and debates. But in the end, some people have to cry about the posts they get in return, because it is not up to par with their own idea or what they want to hear. Hear is a tissue for those people.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:19 PM

yote, NEED A KLEENEX?? The guy was asking a question. If you don't like the thread or forum, keep your pie hole closed!! Were suppose to be fellow hunters, not anti hunting fuel.........
Old 01-22-2006, 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Turkeyhunter1

yote, NEED A KLEENEX?? The guy was asking a question. If you don't like the thread or forum, keep your pie hole closed!! Were suppose to be fellow hunters, not anti hunting fuel.........

How is responding to a question that is asked many times within days of each post defined by yourself as anti-hunting??? Take your crazy accusation, and give it to someone that really honestly cares. I had a factual point that I made, the guy didn't like it, and went off. I responded, which in turn made you flip your lid. I can't consider even the moment that you would be a fellow hunter, nor a citizen that cannot comment on a debate without getting your temper in the way. That is very sad, and you can say whatever you want, but I won't waste my time with someone that couldn't even comprehend the original post I made. I would recommend therapy, and to actually lock your guns away, because one of these days you are going to go over the edge with all your animosity....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.