Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Mole Trapping

Old 01-16-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Mole Trapping

This may be a lame question but it is a real problem where I am on the Washington Coast. I think mole trapping is illegal here now, but there is no way im gonna stop. I have caught probily 4-500 moles in the last 5yrs or so, and it will never let up. My problem is that the moles I cant catch I think (may be stupid) are geneticlly selecting so now I cant catch anything but a cold lately. I have tried differnt ways of trap setting and what not, just cant catch them, and when I have 20 or so of the snare type traps out over 300 acres its really time consuming and frustrating when you dont catch anything. Haha this may be a partial rant and rave but I want to hear about ways in which people are catching their moles, possibly differnt trap types? I dont know if I should mention this here but I have been trying to find the shotshell mole traps, they were made illegal wayyy long ago but I think its my last hope.[:@][:@]

Kevin
Old 01-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mole Trapping

i would wathc what you say around here. the politically correct people would have a fit because itCOULD be illeagle wereyou live. me on the other hand say go balls to the wall on them things. they are horible. we have them on our property as well.. i never had much luck with traps either. you haveto make the spring snare traps hair triggered because the moles have a hard time triping them other wise. one sunday when i had nothing to do during the summer i just sat outin my yard with a shovel next to different mole runs and when isaw some dirt move a bit i dug them up and beat the living shi* out of them. yeah ihad nothing better to do with my time..lol. anyways. other than that i dont know what to tell ya.
what areshotshell mole traps

Jeff Smith
Old 01-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Get yourself a beagle , they despise moles and will dig up any that they detect on the property . I used to have a half beagle/australian shepherd and she hated moles , you couldn't stop her from going after them. Check your game laws too , I've never heard of any state that has banned mole trapping . They aren't even game animals in any state that I know of , and trapping of nuisance animals is usually ok . Here's where to look:
http://wdfw.wa.gov/
If they're anything like ours they'll be more than happy to answer your questions .
Old 01-16-2006, 07:29 PM

Flys and duck, you two make me sick to my stomach. [:'(]
Old 01-16-2006, 07:49 PM

if its illegal...dont do it. if your not sure, check. obviously ethics comes into play sometimes but i dont see that as being an issue.

i've never used to traps, i've just sat out by where there are some moles with my pellet gun and plinked 'em off. really helps your accuracy, moles arent easy to hit with a pellet gun.

laws are made for reasons
Old 01-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zak123

watch what you say, please edit and re word! say you disagree not you make me sick to my stomach.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

NAH JUST HONEST AND ITS LEGAL HERE SO F OFF zak123
Old 01-16-2006, 08:54 PM

ORIGINAL: live2hunt743

if its illegal...dont do it. if your not sure, check. obviously ethics comes into play sometimes but i dont see that as being an issue.

i've never used to traps, i've just sat out by where there are some moles with my pellet gun and plinked 'em off. really helps your accuracy, moles arent easy to hit with a pellet gun.

laws are made for reasons
Wow, you must have a lot of time on your hands, if you sit out there and plink moles. But I don't see the difference between shooting them with a pellet gun to trapping them. Is it me, or is America getting soft when it comes to control of mammals that only destroy the earth, eat a few insects, and create hazards. In many counties across the nation, if you can define the moles as "destructive to property and dumping your lands value", you can get a permit.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

IM WITH COYOTE STALKER. AMERICA NEED TO GROW SOME BALL'S
Old 01-16-2006, 09:13 PM

ORIGINAL: zak123

Whoa, I could honestly care less if its legal or not, the amount of damage a mole leaves behind, the cost of replaceing parts on haying equipment (blades, rake teeth, etc) is not worth leaving them to do their damage. I was wondering if I was gonna get razzed by this or not, oh well, it was worth a shot. As for the dog, our border collies dig one up every now and again, the other day my one dog actually dug up a next of 6 babies, now if he could only find that on a weekly basis....sorry to piss people off.

Quick Reply: Mole Trapping

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.