Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Mole Trapping

Old 01-16-2006, 09:18 PM

Default RE: Mole Trapping

Duck, what really makes me mad is the fact that you said you beat the .... out of it. That is no way to treat an animal.

Flys, if its illegal, don't do it, unless it is necessary.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:19 PM

ORIGINAL: duckdog132

NAH JUST HONEST AND ITS LEGAL HERE SO F OFF zak123
Once you mature, you will realize that cursing makes you look like a child.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: zak123

Flys, if its illegal, don't do it, unless it is necessary.
Yeah, its very necessary...
Old 01-16-2006, 11:50 PM

I must have misread your original post. I thought you trapped them for fun. I am sorry if I assumed you did this.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:01 AM

Trust me, running a trap line of over 20 mole traps every other day over about 200 acres isnt fun, ESPECIALLY when you dont catch anything!!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:33 AM

what areshotshell mole traps

Jeff Smith
There are some people that my mom kind of knows, and I have heard of others who have one. It is a triggering mechanism stuck in the tunnel path as a regular mole trap but when the trigger is tripped you have a shotshell with just powder loaded, no shot and the sound will kill them instantly, thats why if you shoot at the hill when they are pushing, they dont have to get hit by the shot, just the precussion does them in. I read that they have been illegal since the 40's, whether its true or not I can see how it would be dangerous with the shot loaded but just a shotshell with powder in it would be fine. I have spent many hours trying to find plans or an old one so I could build a few but no luck, thats what I was curious about.

and Jeff as for making them a hair pin trigger, I have done that, filed off the edge of the rod, bent the trigger down, and many other small things, they just seem to be getting ALOT smarter[:@]
Old 01-17-2006, 09:56 AM

ORIGINAL: zak123

I must have misread your original post. I thought you trapped them for fun. I am sorry if I assumed you did this.
It is really funny how people misread these things. It is also funny that agriculturalists like myself and land owners like FLYs it Dies have to defend taking of varmints, by trap or by the gun, because people even on here think its inhumane. I am not sorry I take care of my rodent and varmint troubles, because I rather put out $50 of equipment to take care of them then spending $1500 on replacing tractor equipment every year because of the damage that ground squirrels, moles, voles, and rodents do to the ground. Especially cityclickers on here, that have never seen, worked on, or even taken the time to see a farm, nursery, or agri-plot in the works. They pretty much say "if I don't see it, I don't care as long its on my dinner table". Hell, lets talk about sticky traps for mice or rats...Hey there is a great debate for the weak and feeble.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:32 AM

Jack Russel Terrier!!!

A good one will dig up more while you are checking traps than you will catch.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Coyotestalker

Wow, you must have a lot of time on your hands, if you sit out there and plink moles. . . In many counties across the nation, if you can define the moles as "destructive to property and dumping your lands value", you can get a permit.
i dont make a habbit of plinking off moles, shooting 'em is just the onlyway i've gone about takingcare of them. traps haven't worked well for me. and about getting a permit, im sure you can. you can get a permit to shoot just about anything thats damaging your lands. it just seems odd to me that you'd need one in the first place. i cant believe moles would have a season or be protected???
Old 01-17-2006, 02:52 PM

Yea i went over my bag limit in moles yesterday and dnr caught me, they were not to happy. Flys just kill them, if there that much of a problem why havent you used posions yet?

Quick Reply: Mole Trapping

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.