Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

got a skunk the other day

Old 10-17-2005, 03:08 PM

Default got a skunk the other day

Trapping season opened on saturday in wisconsin so I made a few coon sets by the river behind my house. On sunday I cheched it to find a big skunk in the trap. Does anybody know how I can remove the scent besides using a syringe right away? (I will take the essence out later for lure.)
Old 10-18-2005, 08:47 AM

Default RE: got a skunk the other day

QUICK. . ! ! !. . . . . SUCK OUT THE POISON ! ! !
Old 10-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

If your not going to get it out soon, you will want to freeze the thing. The sacks are deteriorating as you wait. It is not difficult to remove the essence.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:53 AM

If you want to keep the hind remove the skunk from the trap and sink him in a cool stream for 3 days thenskin him out. I have relocated traps that I caught skunks in and made hole sets for foxes and caught em the next night.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:16 PM

Try this, I've used it with good sucess. 1 16oz. bottle of hydrogen peroxide, 1 gallon of water, 1 cup of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of scent killer type soap. Worked for me several times a couple of years ago. Wash the trap immediately after making the solution.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: 24/7 hunter

Trapping season opened on saturday in wisconsin so I made a few coon sets by the river behind my house. On sunday I cheched it to find a big skunk in the trap. Does anybody know how I can remove the scent besides using a syringe right away? (I will take the essence out later for lure.)
use tomato juice
Racoon assasin