Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

worst tasting meat

Old 08-11-2005, 08:50 AM

Default worst tasting meat

what's the worst tasting meat you have ever tried. we have a large game dinner every year in the valley and the worst i have ever had hands down was muskrat. we have tried cooking it every way you could think of and it is just plane nasty.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:00 AM

Default RE: worst tasting meat

did u try potting it in a crock pot for all day with tons of barbq sauce and pepper and salt(i never had it before but its a guess)
Old 08-11-2005, 09:29 AM

The worst I have ever tried were mudhens. I have heard that they eat them down south but I have never found a way to prepare them that would hide that horrible taste. I have even asked for recipes on this forum from people who claimed to eat them but never received any replies.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

probably a bufflehead. i shot the only one i've seen.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:13 PM

The worst I have ever tried were mudhens. I have heard that they eat them down south but I have never found a way to prepare them that would hide that horrible taste. I have even asked for recipes on this forum from people who claimed to eat them but never received any replies.
if you mean marsh hens down here in Charleston they are pritty good eats in my mind... then again i'v been rased on them. we always cooked them like chicken. baked, fried, stewed... ect. my dad says that in the summer when you're fishing and you can't quite land the big one, or when the crabs arn't in the areathe marsh hens are right there to laugh at ya.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Duck.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: North Texan

Duck.
Ducks and geese , worst things I've ever tasted , and considering that I've tried balut in the Phillipines that says a lot !
Old 08-12-2005, 11:29 PM

hmmm my dad loves duck
Old 08-13-2005, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

depends on the duck, wood ducks taste awfull but mallerds are great eating. IMO the worst tasting meat would be either snow goose or squirrel, need a ton of salt and pepper to cover up the blah!! taste on those two critters.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:37 PM

Goose meat is the grosest meatI have ever tasted... it was bland and extremely greasy... gross

Quick Reply: worst tasting meat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.