Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Another Leupold Failure >

Another Leupold Failure

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Another Leupold Failure

Old 11-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe you might wanna check that your action is seated well to the stock? Ain't no scope and ring combination that can fix a problem there.

I'm just adding it as part of the trouble shooting procedure. Sorta like checking the gas tank when the lawnmower won't start.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Leupolds on most of my guns (rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders) without problems. A few years ago, there was some aftermarket scopes made that looked like Leupolds with all the makings and writings on it, maybe just maybe you got one of them
Old 11-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

I had trouble with my Leupold VX-II 2-7x33mm Shotgun Scope. I sent it back to Leupold 3 times. They just sent me a brand new one last week and it works great. I have a VX-II 4-12x40mm Adj. Obj. on my 280 Rem. That scope has been fine.

A friend of mine had trouble with a Bausch & Lomb scope that cost a lot more then my Leupolds. Bushnell some how aquired Bausch & Lomb. They told him they'd sell him a replacement scope at wholesale. That was $35 more then he could buy it for somewhere else.

You can say what you want about Leupold. They stand behind their products though, from their cheapest "Rifleman Scopes series" all the way up to their top of the line scopes!
Old 11-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

I have a pre 03" vari-XII with the click adjustments on a Ruger M-77 338win with the poly stock (kicks like a son-of-a-B) . It now has a brake on it as well as a laminate thumbhole stock. For awhile though it didn't when I first got the scope. I went through Burris fullfield II's and Sightrons II series scopes. Went to the Leupold and no issues at all.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

by falcon: The Leupold Rifleman scopes and the VX-1 scopes have those awful friction adjustments-no clicks. Some of their other scopes may have friction adjustments as well. These scopes are made in China.
Leupold Scopes aren't made in China. Counterfeit Leupold Riflescope Warning!!!

READ THIS LINK:
http://www.leupold.com/corporate/res...rfeit-warning/
Old 12-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had Leupolds on a handful(5) of rifles VX2's and 3's. After missing the buck of a lifetime because of a fogged up VX3, I sold them all and replaced them with Bushnell elite scopes with rainguard and have never looked back.