Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Accubond review

Old 10-06-2004, 04:05 PM
jjt

Default Accubond review

I shoot a .300 WM with 180 Gr. Accubonds propelled by 72.2 grains of RL-22
so far this year the results have been excelent.

1- 15" buck antelope - quartering to me - 155 yards - bullet penetrated front shoulder (bone) - rib -thru internals thru hind leg (bone) and exited animal.
showing impressive penetration and a lack of good judgment on my part with the shot placement.

2- 4 year old doe antelope - broadside - 100 yards - bullet took out rib - both lungs - rib and exited animal leavenig 2" exit hole
showing good penetration also there were no extra holes any where in the ribs leaving me to beleave the bullet held together well

3- 3x3 muley (5.5 years old) +- 250 lbs. - broadside - 285 yards- bullet took out front shoulder (bone) rib heart rib exited animal
the muley actually fell over dead without ever taking a step looked like someone turned off a light switch entrance wound was 3-4" where it took out the shoulder bone and a 2" exit hole

i give this bullet 5 stars so far
will try on elk next week

4- 5x5 bull (mature bull with 45' main beams) broadside 200 yards- bullet took out front shoulder (bone) - rib (bone) - guts - rib (bone) shoulder(bone) then stuck in the hide on the far side of the elk
this is the identical result of a nos part that another hunter in camp was using this year.

still give this bullet 5 stars

bullet weight 108.4 gr. = 60.2% weight retention
Old 10-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-08-2004, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Accubond review

I shot a moose with 160 Accubond out of a 7mm rem mag. Took him high in the chest and nicked the bottom of the spine and he dropped in his tracks. Bull was still breathing but paralyzed when I got to him so I shot him in the neck and the bullet completely shed its core and did not go through the neck at about 20 ft. I will be closely monitoring reports on accubonds before I use them on moose again. Not quite ready to give up on them as 1 kill is not enough to judge, but I am curious to see how the elk hunters make out with them.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:16 PM
jjt

see first post
Old 10-26-2004, 12:52 PM

Thanks for the update jjt.

I shoot a Browning A-Bolt in .300 Winchester Magnum. My pet load is the 200 grain version of the Nosler Accubond propelled by 80.5 grains of H1000 for a mv of 3000 fps.

I was fortunate to have a couple of real on game experiences with the bullet as well.

1. 4x4 Mule deer buck at approximately 75 yards. Hit him right where the head meets the neck. Obviously full penetration. Exit hole about the size of a half dollar. Spine where impacted was crushed and pulverized.

2. 5x5 Bull elk (probalby just a 2 1/2 year old). Approximately 50 yards quartering towards me. Hit him right on the ball joint on the onside shoulder. Bullet crushed the shoulder leaving bone pulp and fragments. Bullet continued in through the rib cage leaving a hole about the size of a quarter, and took out one lung. I found the bullet in the body cavity while dressing it out. When I get a picture of it I will post. It weighed 114 grains for a retained percentage of 57%. A little lower than what Nosler advertises but not at all disappointing considering the test it was put through.

I am extremely impressed with what I have seen of these bullets thus far.

Go to this page on the AR site to see pictures and the rest of the story.

Thanks.

http://www.accuratereloading.com/ubb...5&o=21&fpart=1
Old 10-26-2004, 06:33 PM
jjt

thanks for the link 300 winnie

the bullets i seen in your picts are identical to the results we seen in camp this year

i used partitions until i picked up my A-bolt last year then i started trying others and fell in love with the Accubonds so far so good
Old 11-03-2004, 08:43 PM

I have loaded .338 in 225gr and really liked the accuacy. Unfortunately, I didn't get to put one into an Elk last year. Did shoot a couple of whitetails and bullet performed flawlessly. I loaded for the .270 in 140 for this year and hopefully, I'll have a couple of reports after this weekend
Old 11-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

Elk shot at 74 yards. Through the upper part of the shoulder........only found fragments on the way out the other side.
Accubonds seem to be winners. Good enough for C. Boddington........good enough for me.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:07 PM

Bigtime happy with this bullet! Took two cull deer at about 50 yards thru the brush and the bullet found it's mark each time. Total steps taken after the shots, 0! Both deer, both were whitetails, dropped in their tracks. I haven't butchered the second, but there was no exit wound. First was a thru shot and no recovery. Inbound hole was the size of a quarter and outbound the size of a silver dollar! Great bullet!
Old 11-12-2004, 02:42 AM

Thanks jjt and 300 winnie
You give the info that I have been lookng for!

Quick Reply: Accubond review

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.