Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 If you shoot moly coated bullets do you need to follow a certain cleaning procedure? >

If you shoot moly coated bullets do you need to follow a certain cleaning procedure?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

If you shoot moly coated bullets do you need to follow a certain cleaning procedure?

Old 09-14-2004, 10:07 PM
Spike

Default If you shoot moly coated bullets do you need to follow a certain cleaning procedure?

I'm going to try some nosler partition gold bullets, and I remember someone telling me you need to follow some sort of special cleaning procedure, and after cleaning theres still another thing you have to do, which I can't remember, or the bullets won't shoot very well....If this is true, I dont know the procedure, please enlighten me. With ballistic tips I've always just cleaned it clean, then shot 1 or 2 round through it before I go hunting to sort of "break it in" again. If there's a difference please let me know
Old 09-15-2004, 03:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you shoot moly coated bullets do you need to follow a certain cleaning procedure?

before I go hunting I always fire one round through my rifle to get all the oils out from cleaning it, Because of something I noticed when shooting my rifle that first shot from a clean barrel hits the target differently everytime but then every shot there after is right on.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:22 PM
RPL

Default RE: If you shoot moly coated bullets do you need to follow a certain cleaning procedure?

GorV...Here is a good site to learn how to properly clean a barrel that you shoot moly coated bullets through. http://www.bergerbullets.com/faq.htm Just copy and paste the link to your browser.
It is recommended that you don't interchange moly coated and non-coated bullets without thoroughly cleaning your barrel before switching.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:25 PM
RPL

GorV...it looks like you just have to click on the hyperlink. No copy and pasting.