Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 OAL for Ruger M77 Mark II? >

OAL for Ruger M77 Mark II?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

OAL for Ruger M77 Mark II?

Old 02-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default OAL for Ruger M77 Mark II?

Anyone know the OAL to the lands for the Ruger M77 Mark II in Springfield .30-06?

Thanks.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OAL for Ruger M77 Mark II?

You can check there site and it should list it. Ruger link
Old 02-05-2004, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Every rifle's OAL is different, and it also changes with every style, grain, or bullet's manufacture. I suggest you measure your OAL with Stoney Point tools. Good luck.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:00 PM

There is a bit of confusion in the statements above. The dimension from the bolt face to the point of full land height is a constant for that chamber. The exception is that this dimension will change as the throat wears away due to erosion, but this is over a large number of rounds fired. This length can be measured with a Stoney Point tool or by careful construction of your own dummy round.
The comparable dimension on your cartridges which is often refered to as OAL will differ based on bullet shape and the way the bullet is pressed into the case by the seating die. For example, if you set your seating die to seat Spitzers and then seat round nosed bullets, the seating depth would probably be quite different. For me, the best way to measure the seated bullet length is to use a Sinclair Bullet Comparator and my caliper. That way I always measure to the point on the bullet where the dia. is equal to the minor dia. for that caliber. Good luck.