Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ruger Mark I >

Ruger Mark I

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger Mark I

Old 11-17-2003, 09:15 PM

Default Ruger Mark I

I lost a part while cleaning a Mark I that was given to me. I have an exploded view that I printed off from the Ruger website. It is a piece of the recoil spring assembly. As I pulled the bolt out, I felt something hit me, and the recoil spring popped out which included the spring guide. On the exploded view that I have it looks like there is a small U shaped piece that appears at the base of the spring guide that I can not find. I believe that is the piece that hit me. First, does anyone have a Mark I, 2nd do you break it down that far to clean it, and three is that little U shaped piece at the base suppose to be permenant or is it suppose to be able to come off? If it is suppose to be permenant, I will just by a new assembly, if it is suppose to come off, I will keep looking for it, then still most likely buy a new assembly.

Nate
Old 11-18-2003, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ruger Mark I

Your best bet would be contact Ruger @ their Prescott, Az facility. Ruger does not accept emails. Their address is 200 Ruger Road, Prescott AZ 86301 or call 928-778-6555
Their Prescott plant handles the Mark I and Mark II' s Repairs.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 11-19-2003, 08:23 PM

I believe the u-shaped piece is supposed to stay on the rod .You could maybe repair it if you found it.Ruger-Redhawk gave you the Ruger info and I know if you have to contact them they will take good care of you . Good customer service in my experience.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, that' s not supposed to come off! It' s kind of common amongst those old MKI' s though, they' ve been used a lot, they should be too, they' re great guns, that just tends to wear out before most other parts in there (Ol' Willie, rest his soul, built a great gun). You could probably just go down to a local gunsmith and get the part replaced, I' m fairly certain that it' s interchangeable with the MKII' s recoil spring piece.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:18 PM

Thanks for the replies. Off to the gunsmith I go.

Nate