Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
CCI Magnum Primers-Primers in General >

CCI Magnum Primers-Primers in General

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

CCI Magnum Primers-Primers in General

Old 03-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

JGFLHunter:

I have been loading since 1993, and I have never had a missfire untill I used CCI #550 Magnum Primers on my sisters a Ruger SP100 .357 Mag. I am sure glad she was just practicing, and it was not a intruder. I have always used Federal. I had a box of CCI primers just sitting there, so I used them. Good luck.

Last edited by handloader1; 03-09-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by handloader1
JGFLHunter:

I have been loading since 1993, and I have never had a missfire untill I used CCI #550 Magnum Primers ...
I have been loading for around 45 years and have never had a misfire with any primer. I have used many thousand CCI primers.

I look at primers before loading. And I always keep the primers clean, do not handle with oily fingers, and discard primers that have been dropped on hard floors.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:31 PM
Spike

I went out 3 weeks ago with a new rifle, Dad had a box of old federals that I used to get the rifle on the paper, first 25 yards then 50 yards then 100 yard. FOUR of the federals were duds, could not get them to fire! despite several attempts with each round, federals SUCK. When I switched to my reloads with CCI no problems. I remember when I worked as a temp groundskeeper at federal in Anoka MN in 1983 NONE of the employees that hunted deer would use there federal ammo and they got it almost for free, that tells you something.