Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Reloading Kit Recommendations for a Newbee. >

Reloading Kit Recommendations for a Newbee.

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Reloading Kit Recommendations for a Newbee.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

It kind of seems like the RCBS dies are a lot more expensive than the Lee ones too.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...0018937214924a

BTW that doesn't appear to have the Rock Chucker press. Is there another kit I should find from them or what?

Also other than dies what else will I need to reload for a semi auto 30-06 and a 9mm pistol as well as maybe a 243 rifle? Do I just get dies for each or do I need other stuff?

I was hoping to get setup for $300 or so but if I get this and the dies and everything and a tumbler like I want I will be way way over $300.
Yes it does. The kit is called the RCBS RC Supreme Master Reloading Kit. The "RC Supreme" refers to the press, "RC" being short for Rock Chucker. As for the price, the press and associated tools are a lifetime investment. Spread the cost over , say, 50 years of service.

Mike
Old 12-27-2009, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

"If I order the Lee kit which dies will fit it? Or will any Lee dies work? If I get the kit and the dies for the caliber I want to reload is that all I will need? Or will I need other stuff also? "

RCBS or LEE dies will work with either press , check the sticky at the top of the forum.

Last edited by NY Harvester; 12-27-2009 at 04:48 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go green! RCBS is worth the money. The customer service they have is hands down the reason why i tell eveyone i know to spend the extra money. Their equipment is top notch, and the 1st time you have a problem, and one of the girls gets on the phone with you and handles it no questions asked, you'll be glad you bought green. Oh and check the sticky at the top, for all the other "goodies" you'll need.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't think twice about choosing the RCBS over the Lee.
I own all RCBS stuff but have helped friends on Lee equipment and to me there is just no comparison on the quality. I mean that on dies all the way to the presses.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

.........RCBS is good stuff. Very good. For the average handloader, you can't beat it. Most all of my gear is RCBS, with some Redding dies thrown in. I do like the Forster case trimmer a little better, though. One "extra" I'd recommend a little later on for you is the RCBS Automatic Bench Priming Tool. It seats primers positively, and you can do a bunch rapidly. Get a high-end all-encompasing kit from them, and have fun. You won't be sorry. Just my opinion..........
Old 12-28-2009, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

All my gear is from Lee and I have no complaints.You can spend more but...
Old 12-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-20-2010 at 01:34 PM.