Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Bullet density and Ballistic Coefficients >

Bullet density and Ballistic Coefficients

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Bullet density and Ballistic Coefficients

Old 11-26-2009, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Trump Card
.505 is their claimed and actual BC,though of course atmosphere and temp particulars,do change all BC's every day. The 155 Scenar's supeerklative BC is easy to glean from even a casual glimpse as it's length/profile readily concur. Set it next to 168 or 175SMK's,for conversation. It smokes the newly reconfigured 155 Palma SMK as well. I shoot the Scenar by the jazillion and my elevation erector's have no bias built in.

As an aside,Scenar terminal affects are far more reliable than the oft touted SMK,espoused by the Mall Ninja Faction. The Scenar's faux nosecone,is a simplistic and effective approach to increasing projectile length,while adding a favorable BC profiling to a given weight.

I much prefer V-Max and A-Max upon Critters,to the oft touted NBT. Prefer Scenar's to them as well.

Lapua BC's are spot on,as a minimum.........................
Rifle Looney, I mean Relentless Pursuit, I mean Trump Card with all due respect I will take Brian Litz evaluation of BC below, along with the evaluations of top competative shooters to your opinion based on the manufacturers claimed BC only.

http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/...pua_Scenar.pdf

As I mentioned earlier when a bullet BC is that far from the norm one should take those claims with a grain of salt.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:21 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Scott Gags
Rifle Looney you have a long history of ranting posts and irregardless of how much data/facts are posted to back an opposing position you will never acknowledge it. Case in point is Brian Litz a carrer ballistitian in both education and practice that does a very scientific study of a bullet that disproves your position that is completely ignored.

I am not going to waste anymore time responding to your posts and messing up this post any further.
Actually, this isn't looney. Looney is bill Wilds from NY. This is Larry, from laska.