Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Noslers bullets ? >

Noslers bullets ?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Noslers bullets ?

Old 07-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like Nosler bullets and load them more than any other brand and i have never had a problem with them what so ever. Having said that i also load Hornady, Sierra, Speer and Barnes with good results, i just like Nosler bullets more.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Spike

I've been using Ballistic Tips since 1985. They are great if you can get them into the lungs of a deer - drops them in their tracks. I've also been satisfied with Partitions on game up to the size of Wildebeeste and Kudu in Africa.

If you are getting satisfactory results with non-premium bullets, why change? If you want to experiment with premium bullets, go ahead. They'll kill game just as dead.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

will I see a big difference????
I never shot noslers before
No big difference. All bullets, regardless of make, require good placement. You shoot 'em good, critter will die.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

will the 95 grain BT hold up if the front shoulder is hit?
I wonder if you would get the best performance going threw the boiler room,I spoke with sierra aboutt here best bullet for deer in the 243 cal. and I was told the 85 grain HPBT will get the job done without a pass threw on boiler room shots
Old 07-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

I've had mixed results from the 95 grain BT....a lung shot will usually let the bullet come out the other side..a shoulder hit is questionable at best.. my wife used that bullet in her 6mm Rem..sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't...she switched to the Barnes XLC and hasn't had a problem since..regardless of angle, hit material..we've never recovered a bullet and have recovered every deer she hit with it....enough said..
Old 07-29-2009, 02:27 PM
bigcountry

Bullistic tips in the last 10 years are just as good as anything for penetration. I know back in the 80's, they expanded violently.

I was giving Mossyoak33 a hard time for pushing a Bt 3200fps in a 7mm and telling him I would be leary of a shoulder shot, but he shot thru a shoulder and out the back of the lungs. And this was in a 200+ whitetail.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

The first time I tried Nosler I really wasn't impressed with them , shot a 200 lb+ buck with them and he just kept getting up , found out when we skinned him the bullets just weren't opening up . This was back in 1968 sounds like they might have improved some since then .
Old 07-30-2009, 05:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by lonewolf5348
95 Gr. Ballistic Tip IN 243 CAL.
140 grain . " " " " 7MM-08
I yet to purchase any high end bullets in the last 40 + years I shot tons of Hornady ,sierra, speer and can say the each bullet stop deer dead in there tracks.
I thought I spend some extra $$$ : will I see a big difference????
I never shot noslers before
For deer with the cartridges you listed, premium bullets are not needed - just stick with the ones that have done a good job for you.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Spike

I second the motion for Accubonds or anything Nosler.

Last edited by Rodngun; 08-25-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:45 AM
Typical Buck

[QUOTE=One Big Moose;3382621]Nosler makes great bullets, in fact, the Nosler Partition is the bullet everyone compares their's to. It is the old stand-by for great bullet performance. For game, I would stay away from the Ballistic Tips as they tend to blow up and go with the Accubonds or Partitions.

Moose[/QU Theres nothing wrong with ballistic tips in the right velocities.Matter of fact, they're awesome bullets under 3000fps on deer. Very accurate too. Different bullets are built to do different things at different speeds. BT'S mights "blow up" in a 7mm ultra mag but will work perfect in a 30-06. Accubonds work better at magnum velocities. Match the bullet to the velocity.