Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Noslers bullets ? >

Noslers bullets ?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Noslers bullets ?

Old 07-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default Noslers bullets ?

95 Gr. Ballistic Tip IN 243 CAL.
140 grain . " " " " 7MM-08
I yet to purchase any high end bullets in the last 40 + years I shot tons of Hornady ,sierra, speer and can say the each bullet stop deer dead in there tracks.
I thought I spend some extra $$$ : will I see a big difference????
I never shot noslers before
Old 07-11-2009, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lonewolf5348
I yet to purchase any high end bullets in the last 40 + years I shot tons of Hornady ,sierra, speer and can say the each bullet stop deer dead in there tracks.
I think people expect to see a bigger difference between bullets than their really is. That being said, I have had very good luck with Nosler bullets. No issues with Hornady or Sierra either. Where you're more likely to see a difference is if you are shooting a cartridge that pushes the bullets very fast for their weight or otherwise on the margins of their performance range.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Accuracy wise I really don't see a difference between Noslers and any of the others overall. Now one gun may not shoot a particular bullet well but that's the fun of reloading.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:52 AM

Nosler makes great bullets, in fact, the Nosler Partition is the bullet everyone compares their's to. It is the old stand-by for great bullet performance. For game, I would stay away from the Ballistic Tips as they tend to blow up and go with the Accubonds or Partitions.

Moose
Old 07-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

My AR loves nos 50gr bt. I tried only a few others like speer tnt and sierea match king. Though they shot well the nos shot better and it's a keeper
Old 07-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

I shot tons of Hornady ,sierra, speer and can say the each bullet stop deer dead in there tracks.
Do you believe that spending extra money is going to kill the deer more dead in their tracks?
Old 07-14-2009, 03:26 AM
Fork Horn

Been shooting the Nosler Partitions at big game for more than 40 years...7mm rem mag and 140 grainers...NO animal hit with one ever lived..every single animal recovered and those that took a few steps never took many!! What else can I say..the vast majority of bullet had complete penetration and always a good blood trail and I've never had one come apart and accuracy had always been around an inch at 100 yards with a factory rifle.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot noslers for many years. I loaded ballistic tips the very first year that they came out and was extremely impressed with the accuracy that they held in my rifles. Also I shoot Hornady, sierra, Barnes, and speer, the only trouble that I have had with was the Speer Grand Slams.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by lonewolf5348
For deer hunting, you will NOT see much difference. If you use the Partition or the Accuboind, you will get better preformance on elk, moose, and caribou. For deer, stick with the bullets that have worked for you for so long.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

well said and I will concur.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.