Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Scored big today on a bargain bin from an estate sale >

Scored big today on a bargain bin from an estate sale

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Scored big today on a bargain bin from an estate sale

Old 01-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scored big today on a bargain bin from an estate sale

Well I stopped by one of the local pawn shops today. They just bought out an entire estate sale and where liquidating a lot of it. First I picked up a box of Speer .490 round balls, probably 90 left out of the 100 pack and a set of speed loaders for the muzzleloader. When I went to the counter to pay the $4 for the two items I mentioned that I was a reloader and she said to check out the big Rubbermaid tote behind me. Well I opened it and saw bags of AA hulls and wads, fiber wads of all sizes and more, but didnt want to disturb everything since the boxes inside where old and so I asked "how much"? She said I could have the lot for $20 so I asked if the tote come with it. She said yes so I paid, loaded it up and when I got home I was very pleasently surprised. Not only are there several hundred plastic wads, fiber wads and Winchester AA hulls, but there are also two Lee shotshell reloaders in 12 and 20 guage. There are also about 20 #'s of what looks to be 7 1/2 shot and some primers too. Lol, there is also a pretty neat Elk bleat call in there too. I think that I am pretty set up to load shot shells now. I know that the Lee reloaders are not the best, but they do the job. I am now set up with 2 12 guage reloader, 16 and 20 guage as well lol.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Scored big today on a bargain bin from an estate sale

Damn - great deal.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

You stole this!
I hope you reported yourself to the local law enforcement station?
Great buy, man

Old 01-11-2009, 08:05 PM

Damn that is a good score. WHY CAN'T I FIND DEALS LIKE THAT.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

I just know that when I croak, my wife will sell thousands of dollars worth of my reloading gear for $20. And my biggest fear is that she sells all my guns for what I told her I paid for them
Old 01-11-2009, 08:47 PM

Have your wife email me before she gets rid of anything, an I will have my wife do the same causemy wifewill probilly give it away for free to make room.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:09 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: nutzy66

Have your wife email me before she gets rid of anything, an I will have my wife do the same causemy wifewill probilly give it away for free to make room.
Boy, ain't this the truth. A wise old man recently pointed out, when you die, all this stuff you treasure will be sold at 10 dollars in a garage sale.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope that nobody pays a dime for what I have bought for reloading or my guns or shooting supplies cause it damned better go to one of my sons, and maybe a rifle or two to my daughter if she wants it. The people in my family have been made very aware of the fact that my guns are to be kept in the family.