Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Gander Mountain: are they sniffing glue? >

Gander Mountain: are they sniffing glue?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Gander Mountain: are they sniffing glue?

Old 03-03-2008, 03:58 PM

Default RE: Gander Mountain: are they sniffing glue?

I agree; the reloading departments in our two Gander Mtn. stores here in Colorado are not well stocked and they are way overpriced on what little merchandise they have on the shelves.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:04 AM

I used to shop with Midwayusa, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shop and Gander Mountain mail order catalog departments years ago before the internet days. Right before Gander Mountains catalog department was bought out my Cabelas they had a lot of clearance sales. I was able to buy a lot of reloading equipment/components in bulk. In 1995 Bass Pro Shop gave me bad customer service on the phone, so I never ordered anything from that day on. Now, I only purchased items from midwayusa.com, Cabelas or Fleet Farm. Gander Mountain retail stores only get my business if I find something on clearance that I really want or need. Also, I call Scheels, little Bass Pro Shop; I have received very cocky and bad customer service from them also. I am lucky to live within 20 miles of a Cabelas retail store, so I can benefit from their bargain cave and I order items online and have them shipped to the store for free pickup. The true customer service from Cabelas will not and cannot ever be beat.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:59 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Briman

I walked into the local GM store for the first time in about a year and quickly understood why its been so long since I've been there.

.308 SMKs= $40/box
.224 smks= $35/box
Hornady rifle bullets= start at $26/box
RCBS die sets= $40
Box of remington corelokt 30-30 shells= $23
Box of remington corelokt .308 and 30-06 shells= $29
Box of 25-06 remington corelokt shells= $40
Cheapest rifle primers= $3.50/100

Now I realize that ammo prices have gone up, but this is rediculous. The local Cabelas store has all of the same items for a little more than 1/2 the price GM was asking. A Sportsmans Warehouse nearby that sadly went out of business was cheaper yet.
Holy Cow, I just left gander in Chambersburg, PA, and shocked I saw the same thing. I know everybody has went up, but $60 for 45-70 300gr partitions. Thats insane.