Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Gander Mountain: are they sniffing glue? >

Gander Mountain: are they sniffing glue?

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gander Mountain: are they sniffing glue?

Funny, I was there last week and noticed the exact same thing...CoreLokts are running about 20 bucks for the more popular calibers and still $15.24 at the local WalMart (for .243)...I've bought 6 boxes for Christmas...
Old 02-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still like much of the Gander Guide Series clothing, and when it goes on sale, there are good deals to be had.
I like their clothing and I've bough a lot of Carhartt pants there in the past- the prices were really good, but I didn't take a look outside of the shooting/relaoding section of the store. And yes, 5-6 years ago, GM was my favorite store, all of their shooting reloading gear was priced nicely- I could have ordered it slightly cheaper from Midway at the time, but the extra $1 or so was worth paying if I wanted it right now.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

I agree, the Gander Mtn out by me is the same way, very high prices versus Cabelas. I was shocked myself when I checked prices on 7mm Rem Mag ammo back before deer season. Prices approached $50 a box. One would think you were getting ready to go to Africa with those ammo prices. Fortunately I reload so its not an issue. Not to say I havent scored some good deals at Gander but that is the exception more than ever, not the norm.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

Gander Mountain must be like Wal-Mart. they price their merchandise according to the local economy. We just got a new Cabela's in Wheeling, WV. We have a Gander Mountain in Washington, PA.

I have found just the opposite here. Gander is cheaper across the board versus Cabela's. I have found our Cabela's(Wheeling, WV) prices to be totally out of whack. And the worst part about the Wheeling Cabela's is thatwhenever I went there to get something they did not even have what I wanted. It just goes to show that you have to shop. Tom.
The local GM here has higher prices than the Hunters' Den in Waynesboro, PA
Old 02-22-2008, 06:32 PM
DM

I was just in a Cabella's and an GM on the same day... At Cabella's you pull a number and wait in line to see a gun. Then if your taking too long they'd like you to move on or buy something... At GM you walk over and handle the rifle you want and are able to see what cal ect.. it is...

When it came to Nosler bullets, neither was stocked worth a darn, and the ones i was interested in were the same price..

I think both stores are over priced!!

DM
Old 02-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Typical Buck

the GM's by my house have different prices for their different stores. they're only about 15-20 miles apart. tonight i bought a thumb release from them that was $20 more at the other location
Old 02-27-2008, 09:02 AM

You couldn't get me in one of their stores...I wouldn't even as them
bastards the time of day.....[:'(]
Old 02-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the clothing there. I find the guide series clothes to be reasonably priced and last a long time.

Tom
Old 02-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Last time I checked their prices, that's the impresson I got! They're not even competitive with the locally owned gunshops. Someone needs to send this thread to GM's CEO.....
Old 02-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

Gander Mountain is by far the largest retailer of firearms in the U.S., why would they change thier prices?

Quick Reply: Gander Mountain: are they sniffing glue?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.